5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Prejudice and Discrimination
- 12.4, 12.3
- 3 races
- a In 2008 America was __% African American, in 2010 __%.
- b Is not usually altered by presence of contradictory evidence.
- c ____________ are usually so firmly entrenched that people are unaware of the presence or rationalize it away.
- d In the 1920's and 30's there were how many races were there considered to be?
- e prejudged attitudes
5 Multiple choice questions
- A ________ is someone who is prejudice but does NOT discriminate.
- Membership in a minority is transmitted by _____?
- A great deal of prejudice is learned through contact with ________.
- _____ have a special group self identification brought out by these traits and the disabilities these traits have caused them.
- An ________ does NOT discriminate or have prejudice.
5 True/False questions
Prejudice and Discrimination → attitudes directed toward groups to thwart the success of others
indiscriminately → A prejudice person holds a rigid mental image of a group (stereotype) & applies it _______ to the whole group.
Race → In the 1920's and 30's there were how many races were there considered to be?
pluralistic → America is a _______ nation. Founded by immigrants and is composed of various races, ethnic groups, subcultures, religious groups, ect.
.8, .9 → __% of Americans were Hispanic in 2008, and __% in 2010.