6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- Ying's teacher gave him detention for talking back to her. Even though Ying did wrong, his parents still love him and accept him for who he is. According to Rogers, what attitude is described by Ying's parents?
- Baby Wilmico cries in order to satisfy his basic needs such as getting food from his mother when he is hungry. According to Freud, which component of psychodynamic perspective is being displayed in Wilmico's action?
- Maurice had anxiety-arousing memories of his father beating his mother while he was growing up and has effectively pushed them into his unconscious. What defense mechanism has Maurice utilized?
- Douglas has wanted to go on a date with a woman for so long, however, he has gotten denied every time he asks a woman out. Now Douglas does not ask women out because he thinks that no one will ever date him. What is Douglas experiencing?
- According to Clint's psychiatrist, his sexual longing for his mother is causing him to be jealous of his father which has been triggering his violent outbursts towards his father.
- Gilberto's psychiatrist asks him to lay on the couch and say whatever comes to mind no matter how farfetched it may be. What method of psychoanalysis is the psychiatrist using?
6 True/False Questions
Psychoanalysis → Stephania has repressed her memories of her father molesting her as a child. According to Freud, where are these memories stored?
Identification → Gilberto's psychiatrist asks him to lay on the couch and say whatever comes to mind no matter how farfetched it may be. What method of psychoanalysis is the psychiatrist using?
Spotlight Effect → Hewitt took a personality test in which he was shown an ambiguous picture and was asked to describe it or tell a story about the picture. What type of test did Hewitt take?
Superego → Ashton was pressured by his fraternity brothers to graffiti Wilson Hall. He thinks it over and decides he will not do it because it is wrong and illegal. According to Freud, which component of psychodynamic is displayed in Ashton's decision?
External Locus of Control → Gia knows that she did poorly on her psychology exam because she stayed out all night at a party the night before. What is this an example of?
Social-Cognitive Perspective → Justina is dreading going to school because she has a huge pimple in the middle of her forehead. Once she gets to school she overestimates how many people notice her massive blemish. What is Justina experiencing?