6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- Karab was given a questionnaire that measures a wide range of feelings and behaviors to determine certain personality traits. What type of test did Karab take?
- Psychologists that focus on the interaction of ourselves and the environment promote which perspective?
- Douglas has wanted to go on a date with a woman for so long, however, he has gotten denied every time he asks a woman out. Now Douglas does not ask women out because he thinks that no one will ever date him. What is Douglas experiencing?
- According to Clint's psychiatrist, his sexual longing for his mother is causing him to be jealous of his father which has been triggering his violent outbursts towards his father.
- Hewitt took a personality test in which he was shown an ambiguous picture and was asked to describe it or tell a story about the picture. What type of test did Hewitt take?
- Justina is dreading going to school because she has a huge pimple in the middle of her forehead. Once she gets to school she overestimates how many people notice her massive blemish. What is Justina experiencing?
6 True/False Questions
Unconditional Positive Regard → Gia knows that she did poorly on her psychology exam because she stayed out all night at a party the night before. What is this an example of?
Internal Locus of Control → Nina believes that she failed the exam because her professor did not teach the material well even though she only studied for an hour the night before and skipped three lectures. What is this an example of?
Superego → Ashton was pressured by his fraternity brothers to graffiti Wilson Hall. He thinks it over and decides he will not do it because it is wrong and illegal. According to Freud, which component of psychodynamic is displayed in Ashton's decision?
Repression → Maurice had anxiety-arousing memories of his father beating his mother while he was growing up and has effectively pushed them into his unconscious. What defense mechanism has Maurice utilized?
Psychoanalysis → Janiqua's psychiatrist believes that the cause of her inability to form intimate relationships with men is due to her repressed memories of her childhood that include an abusive relationship with her father.
External Locus of Control → Nina believes that she failed the exam because her professor did not teach the material well even though she only studied for an hour the night before and skipped three lectures. What is this an example of?