6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- Psychologists that focus on the interaction of ourselves and the environment promote which perspective?
- Ying's teacher gave him detention for talking back to her. Even though Ying did wrong, his parents still love him and accept him for who he is. According to Rogers, what attitude is described by Ying's parents?
- Safri is the starting forward for his school basketball team. He believes that whenever his team loses its due to poor officiating and whenever his team wins he attributes it to his talent. What is this an example of?
- Baby Wilmico cries in order to satisfy his basic needs such as getting food from his mother when he is hungry. According to Freud, which component of psychodynamic perspective is being displayed in Wilmico's action?
- Janiqua's psychiatrist believes that the cause of her inability to form intimate relationships with men is due to her repressed memories of her childhood that include an abusive relationship with her father.
- Penelope sees another girl flirting with her boyfriend and feels the urge to punch the girl. Instead she decides to walk calmy to her boyfriend and tells him to stop talking to her. According to Freud, which component of psychodynamic perspective is Penelope displaying in her action?
6 True/False Questions
Spotlight Effect → Justina is dreading going to school because she has a huge pimple in the middle of her forehead. Once she gets to school she overestimates how many people notice her massive blemish. What is Justina experiencing?
Free Association → Barry, a seven-year-old boy, follows his father around while he does yard work and is also a huge Redskins fan like his father. Aside from those, he has incorporated many more of his father's values. According to Freud, what process is Barry undergoing?
Unconscious → Stephania has repressed her memories of her father molesting her as a child. According to Freud, where are these memories stored?
Internal Locus of Control → Gia knows that she did poorly on her psychology exam because she stayed out all night at a party the night before. What is this an example of?
External Locus of Control → Nina believes that she failed the exam because her professor did not teach the material well even though she only studied for an hour the night before and skipped three lectures. What is this an example of?
Learned Helplessness → Maurice had anxiety-arousing memories of his father beating his mother while he was growing up and has effectively pushed them into his unconscious. What defense mechanism has Maurice utilized?