6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Janiqua's psychiatrist believes that the cause of her inability to form intimate relationships with men is due to her repressed memories of her childhood that include an abusive relationship with her father.
- Barry, a seven-year-old boy, follows his father around while he does yard work and is also a huge Redskins fan like his father. Aside from those, he has incorporated many more of his father's values. According to Freud, what process is Barry undergoing?
- Safri is the starting forward for his school basketball team. He believes that whenever his team loses its due to poor officiating and whenever his team wins he attributes it to his talent. What is this an example of?
- Karab was given a questionnaire that measures a wide range of feelings and behaviors to determine certain personality traits. What type of test did Karab take?
- Ying's teacher gave him detention for talking back to her. Even though Ying did wrong, his parents still love him and accept him for who he is. According to Rogers, what attitude is described by Ying's parents?
- Penelope sees another girl flirting with her boyfriend and feels the urge to punch the girl. Instead she decides to walk calmy to her boyfriend and tells him to stop talking to her. According to Freud, which component of psychodynamic perspective is Penelope displaying in her action?
6 True/False questions
Learned Helplessness → Maurice had anxiety-arousing memories of his father beating his mother while he was growing up and has effectively pushed them into his unconscious. What defense mechanism has Maurice utilized?
Superego → Ashton was pressured by his fraternity brothers to graffiti Wilson Hall. He thinks it over and decides he will not do it because it is wrong and illegal. According to Freud, which component of psychodynamic is displayed in Ashton's decision?
Social-Cognitive Perspective → Psychologists that focus on the interaction of ourselves and the environment promote which perspective?
Projective Test → Hewitt took a personality test in which he was shown an ambiguous picture and was asked to describe it or tell a story about the picture. What type of test did Hewitt take?
Oedipus Complex → According to Clint's psychiatrist, his sexual longing for his mother is causing him to be jealous of his father which has been triggering his violent outbursts towards his father.
Repression → Maurice had anxiety-arousing memories of his father beating his mother while he was growing up and has effectively pushed them into his unconscious. What defense mechanism has Maurice utilized?