6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Ying's teacher gave him detention for talking back to her. Even though Ying did wrong, his parents still love him and accept him for who he is. According to Rogers, what attitude is described by Ying's parents?
- Baby Wilmico cries in order to satisfy his basic needs such as getting food from his mother when he is hungry. According to Freud, which component of psychodynamic perspective is being displayed in Wilmico's action?
- Janiqua's psychiatrist believes that the cause of her inability to form intimate relationships with men is due to her repressed memories of her childhood that include an abusive relationship with her father.
- Justina is dreading going to school because she has a huge pimple in the middle of her forehead. Once she gets to school she overestimates how many people notice her massive blemish. What is Justina experiencing?
- Psychologists that focus on the interaction of ourselves and the environment promote which perspective?
- Barry, a seven-year-old boy, follows his father around while he does yard work and is also a huge Redskins fan like his father. Aside from those, he has incorporated many more of his father's values. According to Freud, what process is Barry undergoing?
6 True/False questions
Unconscious → Stephania has repressed her memories of her father molesting her as a child. According to Freud, where are these memories stored?
Internal Locus of Control → Gia knows that she did poorly on her psychology exam because she stayed out all night at a party the night before. What is this an example of?
Personality Inventory → Karab was given a questionnaire that measures a wide range of feelings and behaviors to determine certain personality traits. What type of test did Karab take?
Learned Helplessness → Maurice had anxiety-arousing memories of his father beating his mother while he was growing up and has effectively pushed them into his unconscious. What defense mechanism has Maurice utilized?
External Locus of Control → Nina believes that she failed the exam because her professor did not teach the material well even though she only studied for an hour the night before and skipped three lectures. What is this an example of?
Repression → Ashton was pressured by his fraternity brothers to graffiti Wilson Hall. He thinks it over and decides he will not do it because it is wrong and illegal. According to Freud, which component of psychodynamic is displayed in Ashton's decision?