6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Safri is the starting forward for his school basketball team. He believes that whenever his team loses its due to poor officiating and whenever his team wins he attributes it to his talent. What is this an example of?
- Janiqua's psychiatrist believes that the cause of her inability to form intimate relationships with men is due to her repressed memories of her childhood that include an abusive relationship with her father.
- Gia knows that she did poorly on her psychology exam because she stayed out all night at a party the night before. What is this an example of?
- Maurice had anxiety-arousing memories of his father beating his mother while he was growing up and has effectively pushed them into his unconscious. What defense mechanism has Maurice utilized?
- Penelope sees another girl flirting with her boyfriend and feels the urge to punch the girl. Instead she decides to walk calmy to her boyfriend and tells him to stop talking to her. According to Freud, which component of psychodynamic perspective is Penelope displaying in her action?
- Justina is dreading going to school because she has a huge pimple in the middle of her forehead. Once she gets to school she overestimates how many people notice her massive blemish. What is Justina experiencing?
6 True/False questions
External Locus of Control → Nina believes that she failed the exam because her professor did not teach the material well even though she only studied for an hour the night before and skipped three lectures. What is this an example of?
Personality Inventory → Karab was given a questionnaire that measures a wide range of feelings and behaviors to determine certain personality traits. What type of test did Karab take?
Unconditional Positive Regard → Ying's teacher gave him detention for talking back to her. Even though Ying did wrong, his parents still love him and accept him for who he is. According to Rogers, what attitude is described by Ying's parents?
Unconscious → Maurice had anxiety-arousing memories of his father beating his mother while he was growing up and has effectively pushed them into his unconscious. What defense mechanism has Maurice utilized?
Superego → Ashton was pressured by his fraternity brothers to graffiti Wilson Hall. He thinks it over and decides he will not do it because it is wrong and illegal. According to Freud, which component of psychodynamic is displayed in Ashton's decision?
Learned Helplessness → Douglas has wanted to go on a date with a woman for so long, however, he has gotten denied every time he asks a woman out. Now Douglas does not ask women out because he thinks that no one will ever date him. What is Douglas experiencing?