5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- False Consciousness
- Life chances
- a -Imaginary set of horizontal social layers.
-More or less closed to entry by people outside any given layer.
- b Social strata that are based primarily on economic criteria such as occupation, income, and wealth.
- c Characteristic of capitalist society that makes workers keep working and believing that if they work hard enough they will be successful and if they aren't successful, it's their own fault.
- d Pronounced deprivation in well-being, and comprises many dimensions.
- e -The opportunities that an individual will have or be denied throughout life.
-Education, health care, occupations, retirement, etc.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The movement of individuals, families, and larger groups from one location to another.
- -The value of everything a person or family owns, minus any debts.
-Marketable assets (such as real estate).
- Movement of an individual or group from one social stratum to another caused by the elimination of an entire class as a result of changes in the means of existence.
- Someone does not like the opposing team or someone who is not on their side.
5 True/False Questions
Social stratification → A society's system for ranking people and distributing rewards according to such attributes as income, wealth, power, prestige, age, sex, ethnicity, race, religion, and celebrity.
No child left behind → Ability to move from one strata to another.
Income → People's earning from wages, dividends, interest, and any rents or royalties that are paid to them on properties they own.
Affective → Feelings/Emotions.
Castes → Social strata into which people are born and which they remain for life (cannot get out of).