5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Credential inflation
- Social stratification
- Structural mobility
- Legitimacy in government
- a -Keeps universities flush with tuition dollars: jobs.
-Keeps you out of the work force for a bit.
-Grade inflation and decrease in standards.
- b Capacity of a society to create and maintain the belief that the existing political institutions are the most appropriate for the society.
- c A society's system for ranking people and distributing rewards according to such attributes as income, wealth, power, prestige, age, sex, ethnicity, race, religion, and celebrity.
- d Thoughts on topic.
- e Movement of an individual or group from one social stratum to another caused by the elimination of an entire class as a result of changes in the means of existence.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- General evaluation held by an individual about something.
- -Institutional power.
-Power whose exercise is governed by the norms and statuses of organizations.
- To justify that a certain group of people are below you.
- A system of negative beliefs, feelings, and action-orientations regarding a certain group or groups of people.
- -The value of everything a person or family owns, minus any debts.
-Marketable assets (such as real estate).
5 True/False Questions
Spatial mobility → The movement of individuals, families, and larger groups from one location to another.
Affective → Feelings/Emotions.
Socialization → Taught to not like a certain group of people.
Discrimination → Practice of different and unequal treatment of other group.
Classes → Social strata into which people are born and which they remain for life (cannot get out of).