← Sociology Test #3 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Social norms
- 3 Parts to one's attitude
- a What is acceptable behavior in society.
- b -Cognitive.
-Behavioral or Action-orientation.
- c Behavioral.
- d Practice of different and unequal treatment of other group.
- e Feelings/Emotions.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A society's system for ranking people and distributing rewards according to such attributes as income, wealth, power, prestige, age, sex, ethnicity, race, religion, and celebrity.
- Thoughts on topic.
- -The opportunities that an individual will have or be denied throughout life.
-Education, health care, occupations, retirement, etc.
- People's earning from wages, dividends, interest, and any rents or royalties that are paid to them on properties they own.
- Brought up by authoritarian parents with strict obedience.
5 True/False Questions
False Consciousness → Characteristic of capitalist society that makes workers keep working and believing that if they work hard enough they will be successful and if they aren't successful, it's their own fault.
C. Wright Mills → Structured exchange of favors between big business executives, heads of federal government and military.
Classes → Social strata that are based primarily on economic criteria such as occupation, income, and wealth.
Socialization → Someone does not like the opposing team or someone who is not on their side.
Frustration → -Imaginary set of horizontal social layers.
-More or less closed to entry by people outside any given layer.