← PSY I final Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- sensory adaptation
- Psi phenomena
- a the scientific study of the behavior and mental processes.
- b Operant conditioning is to Skinner as classical conditioning is to
- c The decrease in sensory response to an unchanging stimulus is known as
- d Narcoleptics tend to fall directly into Stage 4 NREM sleep. YES or NO?
- e -are events that seem to defy accepted scientific laws.
- include clairvoyance, telepathy, and precognition.
-are the subject matter of parapsychology.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- I'm a man 36 years of age. That, of course, gives me the 'capacity of the flag itself' and, therefore, gives me the 'capacity of the President of the United States of America'." This statement shows the presence of which type of delusion?
- ____ is a psychosis characterized by delusions, hallucination, apathy, and a "split" between thought and emotion.
- folk names for afflictions seen in other cultures.
- _________ is a major function of the primary somatosensory area of the cerebral cortex?
- The apparent (or relative) brightness of two objects will remain the same as long as
5 True/False Questions
MDMA → Which of the following drugs can result in psychological dependence, but is not physically addicting?
narcolepsy → The ____ approach to personality asserts that our personalities are shaped by the stories we tell about ourselves.
conditions of worth; fixations → The unconditioned stimulus by definition, leads to a(n)
dendrites and soma. → The part of the eye where the optic nerve leaves the eye is called
it allows them to freely make mistakes and learn from them. → People using CAI often do better with feedback from a computer because