← PSY I final Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Koro, Susto, and Zar
- dissociative disorder
- an adjustment disorder
- sensory adaptation
- Sigmund Freud
- a The story of Sybil, a woman who had 16 separate personalities, illustrates multiple personality, which is a rare form of
- b folk names for afflictions seen in other cultures.
- c The decrease in sensory response to an unchanging stimulus is known as
- d Compared to anxiety disorders, __________ is a temporary pattern associated with stress.
- e Which dream theorist believed that dreams are based on wish fulfillment with these unconscious desires and conflicts being disguised as dream symbols?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The ____ system is the emergency system and is also known as the "fight or flight" system because of its importance in responding to emotional events.
- -are events that seem to defy accepted scientific laws.
- include clairvoyance, telepathy, and precognition.
-are the subject matter of parapsychology.
- a. the tip of the iceberg.
b. the area of the mind that lies outside of personal awareness.
c. those things we choose to forget.
- covers the axon of the neuron?
- a. have higher self-esteem than shy persons.
b. recognize that social failures are often due to circumstances.
c. give themselves credit for social successes.
5 True/False Questions
synapse → is NOT a part of a neuron?
Stage 4 of NREM → As a sleep researcher is monitoring you, he notices that your brain waves are showing almost all delta waves. He awakens you at this point, and you awaken in a complete state of confusion. You are most likely in which stage of sleep?
behavioristic → In the ____ view of development, the core of personality is shaped by early learning experiences and by social reinforcement.
avoidance learning → ____ is achieved by watching and imitating the actions of another person or by noting the consequences of the person's actions.
0.90 (closest to pos. 1.) → The unconditioned stimulus by definition, leads to a(n)