5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The male urethra serves both the urinary and reproductive systems at the same time.
- glomerular hydrostatic pressure
- a Blood pressure in the renal glomerulus is lower than in most parts of the body in order to conserve body water.
- b An important characteristic of urine is its specific gravity or density, which is ________.
- c Which of the following statements is a false or incorrect statement?
- d The factor favoring filtrate formation at the glomerulus is the ________.
- e The position of the kidneys behind the peritoneal lining of the abdominal cavity is described by the term retroperitoneal.
5 Multiple choice questions
- If one says that the clearance value of glucose is zero, what does this mean?
- Tubular reabsorption ________.
- Which of the following is not a reason why substances are either not reabsorbed or are incompletely reabsorbed from the nephron?
- The filtration membrane includes all except ________.
- The fatty tissue surrounding the kidneys is important because it ________.
5 True/False questions
osmosis → Glomerular filtration is an ATP-driven process.
secondary active transport → Reabsorption of high levels of glucose and amino acids in the filtrate is accomplished by ________.
False → The act of emptying the bladder is called voiding.
nephron → Aldosterone is a hormone that causes the renal tubules to reclaim sodium ions from the filtrate.
Peritubular capillaries. → A disease caused by inadequate secretion of antidiuretic hormone (ADH) by the pituitary gland with symptoms of polyuria is ________.