← A&P Exam 4-Renal Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- loop of Henle
- The male urethra serves both the urinary and reproductive systems at the same time.
- impermeability of the collecting tubule to water
- a The mechanism that establishes the medullary osmotic gradient depends most on the permeability properties of the ________.
- b Excretion of dilute urine requires ________.
- c Which of the following statements is a false or incorrect statement?
- d The act of emptying the bladder is called voiding.
- e The urinary bladder is composed of ________ epithelium.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The factor favoring filtrate formation at the glomerulus is the ________.
- Aldosterone is a hormone that causes the renal tubules to reclaim sodium ions from the filtrate.
- Reabsorption of high levels of glucose and amino acids in the filtrate is accomplished by ________.
- If one says that the clearance value of glucose is zero, what does this mean?
- The macula densa cells are chemoreceptors that respond to changes in the urea content of the filtrate.
5 True/False Questions
nephron, collecting duct, minor calyx, major calyx, ureter, urethra → Urine passes through the ________.
False → Blood pressure in the renal glomerulus is lower than in most parts of the body in order to conserve body water.
True → The urethra contains an internal sphincter of smooth muscle.
True → In the absence of hormones, the distal tubule and collecting ducts are relatively impermeable to water.
True → The trigone is so named because of the shape of the urinary bladder.