5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- constrict arterioles and increase blood pressure
- plasma protein
- a The fluid in the glomerular (Bowman's) capsule is similar to plasma except that it does not contain a significant amount of ________.
- b Having a kinked ureter is called renal ptosis.
- c The function of angiotensin II is to ________.
- d Incontinence is the inability to control voluntary micturition.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Which of the choices below is a function of the loop of Henle?
- Blood supply that directly receives substances from the tubular cells.
- An increase in the permeability of the cells of the collecting tubule to water is due to a(n) ________.
- Which of the following acts as the trigger for the initiation of micturition (voiding)?
- What would happen if the capsular hydrostatic pressure were increased above normal?
5 True/False questions
by a decrease in the blood pressure → The factor favoring filtrate formation at the glomerulus is the ________.
inhibits the release of ADH → Which of the following is not a part of the juxtaglomerular apparatus?
Kidney function decreases due to kidney atrophy. → The kidneys are stimulated to produce renin ________.
The male urethra serves both the urinary and reproductive systems at the same time. → Select the correct statement about the nephrons.
False → The collecting duct is impermeable to water in the presence of ADH.