5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- is drained by an efferent arteriole
- Peritubular capillaries.
- constrict arterioles and increase blood pressure
- stabilizes the position of the kidneys by holding them in their normal position
- a The glomerulus differs from other capillaries in the body in that it ________.
- b The function of angiotensin II is to ________.
- c Site of filtrate formation.
- d The fatty tissue surrounding the kidneys is important because it ________.
- e Blood supply that directly receives substances from the tubular cells.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Urine is 95% water by volume.
- Which of the following is not associated with the renal corpuscle?
- Obligatory water reabsorption involves the movement of water along an osmotic gradient.
- The proximal convoluted tubule is the portion of the nephron that attaches to the collecting duct.
- Select the correct statement about the nephrons.
5 True/False Questions
plasma protein → The ________ artery lies on the boundary between the cortex and medulla of the kidney.
secondary active transport → Which of the following is not a part of the juxtaglomerular apparatus?
transitional → Which of the following is not reabsorbed by the proximal convoluted tubule?
True → The act of emptying the bladder is called voiding.
loop of Henle → The mechanism that establishes the medullary osmotic gradient depends most on the permeability properties of the ________.