5 Written Questions
3 Matching Questions
- Peritubular capillaries.
- a An important characteristic of urine is its specific gravity or density, which is ________.
- b Blood pressure in the renal glomerulus is lower than in most parts of the body in order to conserve body water.
- c Blood supply that directly receives substances from the tubular cells.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Site that drains the distal convoluted tubule.
- A disease caused by inadequate secretion of antidiuretic hormone (ADH) by the pituitary gland with symptoms of polyuria is ________.
- Having a kinked ureter is called renal ptosis.
- Glomerular filtration is an ATP-driven process.
- The macula densa cells are chemoreceptors that respond to changes in the urea content of the filtrate.
5 True/False Questions
False → Angiotensin II is a substance made by the body to lower blood pressure during stress.
podocyte cells → Which of the following is not a part of the juxtaglomerular apparatus?
the stretching of the bladder wall → Which of the following acts as the trigger for the initiation of micturition (voiding)?
False → The collecting duct is impermeable to water in the presence of ADH.
True → Tubular secretion is effective in controlling blood pH.