← A&P Exam 4-Renal Test
5 Written Questions
3 Matching Questions
- secondary active transport
- a An excessive urine output is called anuria.
- b Obligatory water reabsorption involves the movement of water along an osmotic gradient.
- c Reabsorption of high levels of glucose and amino acids in the filtrate is accomplished by ________.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Which of the choices below is a function of the loop of Henle?
- Select the correct statement about the nephrons.
- Place the following in correct sequence from the formation of a drop of urine to its elimination from the body.
- Which of the following is not a part of the juxtaglomerular apparatus?
- The macula densa cells are chemoreceptors that respond to changes in the urea content of the filtrate.
5 True/False Questions
by active mechanisms usually involves movement against an electrical and/or chemical gradient → The macula densa cells respond to ________.
Kidney function decreases due to kidney atrophy. → Which of the following best describes kidney function in older adults (70 years or older)?
False → The proximal convoluted tubule is the portion of the nephron that attaches to the collecting duct.
eliminates solid, undigested wastes and excretes carbon dioxide, water, salts, and heat → Which of the choices below is not a function of the urinary system?
True → If the GFR is too low, needed substances may pass so quickly through the renal tubules that they are not absorbed and instead are lost in the urine.