5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Great Pathfinder
- Oregon Trail
- California Trail, Overland Trail, and Platte River Valley Road
- a What was another name for the Oregon Trail?
- b What was Captain John C. Fremont called?
- c What trail did John C. Fremont discover?
- d What European country introduced horses to the Americas?
- e What killed many people on the wagon trains?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What culture lived during the foraging period?
- a kind of rock found in Nebraska with crystals in the center
- The medicine man
- What European explorer was looking for the legendary city of Quivira?
- Why did people leave their homes in the east to travel west?
5 True/False Questions
Skin Lodge → an early, temporary American Indian home made of bent poles and animal skins
Fur trade declined because many areas were over trapped severely reducing animal populations. → What happened to the fur trade over this period of time?
Nibraskier → What French word did Bourgmont use to name the Platte River?
Western Engineer → What steam boat did Major Long use to reach Council Bluffs?
Coup → What European country introduced horses to the Americas?