5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Skin Lodge
- Prairie Agate
- Earth Lodge
- a a kind of rock found in Nebraska with crystals in the center
- b What French word did Bourgmont use to name the Platte River?
- c What European country introduced horses to the Americas?
- d an early, temporary American Indian home made of bent poles and animal skins
- e an early, permanent American Indian home made of logs, brush, grasses, and earth
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What missionaries were first in Nebraska?
- What was the first fort built in Council Bluffs?
- French word for strike
- What was another name for the Oregon Trail?
- What name did Major Long give the Great Plains?
5 True/False Questions
Western Engineer → What steam boat did Major Long use to reach Council Bluffs?
Gold Rush → French word for strike
Fur trade declined because many areas were over trapped severely reducing animal populations. → What happened to the fur trade over this period of time?
Shaman → The medicine man
Great Pathfinder → What name did Major Long give the Great Plains?