5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Great American Desert
- Skin Lodge
- California Trail, Overland Trail, and Platte River Valley Road
- a What was another name for the Oregon Trail?
- b an early, temporary American Indian home made of bent poles and animal skins
- c What European country introduced horses to the Americas?
- d What name did Major Long give the Great Plains?
- e What killed many people on the wagon trains?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What French word did Bourgmont use to name the Platte River?
- What was Captain John C. Fremont called?
- What missionaries were first in Nebraska?
- Name another trail that ran through Nebraska.
- What exciting discovery helped develop the California Trail?
5 True/False Questions
Cavelier → What European explorer was looking for the legendary city of Quivira?
The rendezvous allowed fur trappers to renew friendships, trade furs for supplies, and allowed fur traders to move closer to fur trappers trapping areas → Why did the rendezvous develop?
Archaic Culture → What culture lived during the foraging period?
Earth Lodge → an early, temporary American Indian home made of bent poles and animal skins
Atkinson → What European country introduced horses to the Americas?