5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Great Pathfinder
- Gold Rush
- Mormon Trail, Ft. Kearney Cut-off, Oxbow Trail
- a What was Captain John C. Fremont called?
- b What was the first fort built in Council Bluffs?
- c Name another trail that ran through Nebraska.
- d What exciting discovery helped develop the California Trail?
- e French word for strike
5 Multiple choice questions
- an early, temporary American Indian home made of bent poles and animal skins
- The medicine man
- What was another name for the Oregon Trail?
- Why did the rendezvous develop?
- an early, permanent American Indian home made of logs, brush, grasses, and earth
5 True/False questions
Baptist → What European country introduced horses to the Americas?
To get a piece of land and a chance to start over. → What name did Major Long give the Great Plains?
Great American Desert → What was Captain John C. Fremont called?
Disease → What European country introduced horses to the Americas?
Prairie Agate → What killed many people on the wagon trains?