← NH-Chap 2 Quiz Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Earth Lodge
- Great Pathfinder
- Prairie Agate
- Western Engineer
- The rendezvous allowed fur trappers to renew friendships, trade furs for supplies, and allowed fur traders to move closer to fur trappers trapping areas
- a What steam boat did Major Long use to reach Council Bluffs?
- b an early, permanent American Indian home made of logs, brush, grasses, and earth
- c Why did the rendezvous develop?
- d a kind of rock found in Nebraska with crystals in the center
- e What was Captain John C. Fremont called?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- an early, temporary American Indian home made of bent poles and animal skins
- What was another name for the Oregon Trail?
- What name did Major Long give the Great Plains?
- What European country introduced horses to the Americas?
- French word for strike
5 True/False Questions
Archaic Culture → What culture lived during the foraging period?
Gold Rush → French word for strike
Shaman → The medicine man
Baptist → What European country introduced horses to the Americas?
Disease → What killed many people on the wagon trains?