5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- To get a piece of land and a chance to start over.
- Oregon Trail
- a What missionaries were first in Nebraska?
- b What trail did John C. Fremont discover?
- c Why did people leave their homes in the east to travel west?
- d What European country introduced horses to the Americas?
- e What French word did Bourgmont use to name the Platte River?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What European explorer was looking for the legendary city of Quivira?
- What happened to the fur trade over this period of time?
- an early, temporary American Indian home made of bent poles and animal skins
- What was the first fort built in Council Bluffs?
- a kind of rock found in Nebraska with crystals in the center
5 True/False questions
Earth Lodge → an early, permanent American Indian home made of logs, brush, grasses, and earth
Great Pathfinder → What name did Major Long give the Great Plains?
Coup → French word for strike
Mormon Trail, Ft. Kearney Cut-off, Oxbow Trail → What trail did John C. Fremont discover?
Great American Desert → What was Captain John C. Fremont called?