5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Western Engineer
- To get a piece of land and a chance to start over.
- Oregon Trail
- Archaic Culture
- a What culture lived during the foraging period?
- b What trail did John C. Fremont discover?
- c What was the first fort built in Council Bluffs?
- d Why did people leave their homes in the east to travel west?
- e What steam boat did Major Long use to reach Council Bluffs?
5 Multiple choice questions
- an early, permanent American Indian home made of logs, brush, grasses, and earth
- What happened to the fur trade over this period of time?
- Why did the rendezvous develop?
- an early, temporary American Indian home made of bent poles and animal skins
- Name another trail that ran through Nebraska.
5 True/False questions
California Trail, Overland Trail, and Platte River Valley Road → Why did people leave their homes in the east to travel west?
Coup → French word for strike
Gold Rush → French word for strike
Cavelier → What European explorer was looking for the legendary city of Quivira?
Spain → What European country introduced horses to the Americas?