5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Skin Lodge
- Oregon Trail
- Archaic Culture
- Great Pathfinder
- To get a piece of land and a chance to start over.
- a Why did people leave their homes in the east to travel west?
- b What culture lived during the foraging period?
- c an early, temporary American Indian home made of bent poles and animal skins
- d What trail did John C. Fremont discover?
- e What was Captain John C. Fremont called?
5 Multiple choice questions
- The medicine man
- French word for strike
- What exciting discovery helped develop the California Trail?
- What French word did Bourgmont use to name the Platte River?
- What European country introduced horses to the Americas?
5 True/False questions
Great American Desert → What name did Major Long give the Great Plains?
Western Engineer → What was Captain John C. Fremont called?
Atkinson → What European country introduced horses to the Americas?
California Trail, Overland Trail, and Platte River Valley Road → Why did people leave their homes in the east to travel west?
Disease → What killed many people on the wagon trains?