5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Skin Lodge
- Prairie Agate
- Oregon Trail
- a What French word did Bourgmont use to name the Platte River?
- b an early, temporary American Indian home made of bent poles and animal skins
- c What trail did John C. Fremont discover?
- d a kind of rock found in Nebraska with crystals in the center
- e What missionaries were first in Nebraska?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What happened to the fur trade over this period of time?
- Name another trail that ran through Nebraska.
- What European explorer was looking for the legendary city of Quivira?
- What European country introduced horses to the Americas?
- What culture lived during the foraging period?
5 True/False questions
Shaman → The medicine man
Gold Rush → French word for strike
Great American Desert → What name did Major Long give the Great Plains?
The rendezvous allowed fur trappers to renew friendships, trade furs for supplies, and allowed fur traders to move closer to fur trappers trapping areas → Why did the rendezvous develop?
Great Pathfinder → What was Captain John C. Fremont called?