← NH-Chap 2 Quiz Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Fur trade declined because many areas were over trapped severely reducing animal populations.
- Skin Lodge
- The rendezvous allowed fur trappers to renew friendships, trade furs for supplies, and allowed fur traders to move closer to fur trappers trapping areas
- a Why did the rendezvous develop?
- b What European explorer was looking for the legendary city of Quivira?
- c What French word did Bourgmont use to name the Platte River?
- d an early, temporary American Indian home made of bent poles and animal skins
- e What happened to the fur trade over this period of time?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What steam boat did Major Long use to reach Council Bluffs?
- a kind of rock found in Nebraska with crystals in the center
- What culture lived during the foraging period?
- What trail did John C. Fremont discover?
- Name another trail that ran through Nebraska.
5 True/False Questions
Great Pathfinder → What was Captain John C. Fremont called?
Great American Desert → What was Captain John C. Fremont called?
Baptist → What European country introduced horses to the Americas?
California Trail, Overland Trail, and Platte River Valley Road → What was another name for the Oregon Trail?
To get a piece of land and a chance to start over. → What name did Major Long give the Great Plains?