5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Earth Lodge
- Oregon Trail
- Great American Desert
- a French word for strike
- b What trail did John C. Fremont discover?
- c What name did Major Long give the Great Plains?
- d What missionaries were first in Nebraska?
- e an early, permanent American Indian home made of logs, brush, grasses, and earth
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What steam boat did Major Long use to reach Council Bluffs?
- What exciting discovery helped develop the California Trail?
- Name another trail that ran through Nebraska.
- Why did the rendezvous develop?
- a kind of rock found in Nebraska with crystals in the center
5 True/False Questions
Atkinson → What missionaries were first in Nebraska?
To get a piece of land and a chance to start over. → Why did people leave their homes in the east to travel west?
Shaman → The medicine man
Cavelier → What European explorer was looking for the legendary city of Quivira?
Archaic Culture → an early, permanent American Indian home made of logs, brush, grasses, and earth