5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Archaic Culture
- Gold Rush
- California Trail, Overland Trail, and Platte River Valley Road
- a What culture lived during the foraging period?
- b What exciting discovery helped develop the California Trail?
- c What French word did Bourgmont use to name the Platte River?
- d What was another name for the Oregon Trail?
- e What killed many people on the wagon trains?
5 Multiple choice questions
- French word for strike
- What European explorer was looking for the legendary city of Quivira?
- What name did Major Long give the Great Plains?
- What European country introduced horses to the Americas?
- What trail did John C. Fremont discover?
5 True/False questions
Fur trade declined because many areas were over trapped severely reducing animal populations. → Why did people leave their homes in the east to travel west?
Western Engineer → What steam boat did Major Long use to reach Council Bluffs?
Skin Lodge → an early, permanent American Indian home made of logs, brush, grasses, and earth
The rendezvous allowed fur trappers to renew friendships, trade furs for supplies, and allowed fur traders to move closer to fur trappers trapping areas → Why did people leave their homes in the east to travel west?
Shaman → The medicine man