5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Earth Lodge
- Western Engineer
- a an early, permanent American Indian home made of logs, brush, grasses, and earth
- b What French word did Bourgmont use to name the Platte River?
- c What killed many people on the wagon trains?
- d What steam boat did Major Long use to reach Council Bluffs?
- e French word for strike
5 Multiple choice questions
- What trail did John C. Fremont discover?
- What was the first fort built in Council Bluffs?
- What missionaries were first in Nebraska?
- a kind of rock found in Nebraska with crystals in the center
- Why did the rendezvous develop?
5 True/False questions
Archaic Culture → What culture lived during the foraging period?
Spain → What European country introduced horses to the Americas?
Fur trade declined because many areas were over trapped severely reducing animal populations. → What was another name for the Oregon Trail?
Great Pathfinder → What was Captain John C. Fremont called?
Cavelier → What European explorer was looking for the legendary city of Quivira?