← NH-Chap 2 Quiz Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Great Pathfinder
- Mormon Trail, Ft. Kearney Cut-off, Oxbow Trail
- Great American Desert
- a What name did Major Long give the Great Plains?
- b What was the first fort built in Council Bluffs?
- c The medicine man
- d Name another trail that ran through Nebraska.
- e What was Captain John C. Fremont called?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What happened to the fur trade over this period of time?
- What exciting discovery helped develop the California Trail?
- What was another name for the Oregon Trail?
- Why did people leave their homes in the east to travel west?
- What European explorer was looking for the legendary city of Quivira?
5 True/False Questions
Baptist → What European country introduced horses to the Americas?
The rendezvous allowed fur trappers to renew friendships, trade furs for supplies, and allowed fur traders to move closer to fur trappers trapping areas → Why did the rendezvous develop?
Oregon Trail → What trail did John C. Fremont discover?
Skin Lodge → an early, temporary American Indian home made of bent poles and animal skins
Disease → What European country introduced horses to the Americas?