5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- exchange tactic
- distributive bargaining
- personal appeals
- a occur when the requestor asks for something based on personal friendship or loyalty.
- b used when the requestor offers a reward or resource to the target in return for performing a request.
- c the degree to which people have alternatives in accessing resources.
- d occurs when the target is allowed to participate in deciding how to carry out or implement a request.
- e involves win-lose negotiating over a "fixed-pie" of resources.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the use of favors, compliments, or friendly behavior to make the target feel better about the influence.
- seen as actions by individuals that are directed toward the goal of furthering their own self-interests.
- the use of power and influence to direct the activities of followers toward goal achievement.
- (low assertiveness, high cooperation) occurs when one party gives in to the other and acts in a completely unselfish way.
- a form of organizational power based on the control of resources or benefits.
5 True/False questions
political skill → occur when the influencer enlists other people to help influence the target.
exchanging information → the second stage of the negotiation process, during which each party makes the strongest case for its position.
centrality → how aware others are of a leader's power and position.
preparation → occurs when a third party determines a binding settlement to a dispute.
avoiding → occurs when the requestor clearly explains why performing the request will benefit the target personally.