5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- inspirational appeal
- a the use of favors, compliments, or friendly behavior to make the target feel better about the influence.
- b a tactic designed to appeal to the target's values and ideals, thereby creating an emotional or attitudial reaction.
- c the use of coercive power through threats and demands.
- d seen as both a conflict resolution style and an influence tactic whereby both parties work together to maximize outcomes.
- e the use of an actual behavior that causes behavorial or attitudial changes in others.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a form of organizational power based on the ability to hand out punishment.
- occurs when the target refuses to perform the influence request and puts forth an effort to avoid having to do it.
- the first stage of the negotiation process, during which each party determines its goals for the negotiation.
- occurs when the requestor clearly explains why performing the request will benefit the target personally.
- a negotiatior's best alternative to a negotiated agreement.
5 True/False Questions
expert power → a form of organizational power based on the control of resources or benefits.
power → a negotiatior's best alternative to a negotiated agreement.
compliance → occurs when targets of influence are willing to do what the leader asks, but they do it with a degree of ambivalence.
distributive bargaining → aimed at at accomplishing a win-win scenario.
avoiding → occurs when the requestor clearly explains why performing the request will benefit the target personally.