5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a occurs when the requestor clearly explains why performing the request will benefit the target personally.
- b the third stage of the negotiation process, during which each party gives and takes to arrive at an agreement.
- c the degree to which people have alternatives in accessing resources.
- d is the degree to which managers have the right to make decisions on their own.
- e the use of an actual behavior that causes behavorial or attitudial changes in others.
5 Multiple choice questions
- (moderate assertiveness, moderate cooperation) occurs when conflict is resolved through give-and-take concessions.
- (high assertiveness, low cooperation) occurs when one party attempts to get his or her own goals met without concern for the other party's results.
- a form of organizational power based on the control of resources or benefits.
- occur when the influencer enlists other people to help influence the target.
- represents how important a person's job is and how many people depend on that person to accomplish their tasks.
5 True/False questions
ingratiation → a process in which two or more interdependent individuals discuss and attempt to come to an agreement about their different preferences.
legitimate power → a form of organizational power based on authority or position.
avoiding → occurs when the requestor clearly explains why performing the request will benefit the target personally.
alternative dispute resolution → a process by which two parties resolve conflicts through the use of a specially trained, neutral third party.
resistance → occurs when the target refuses to perform the influence request and puts forth an effort to avoid having to do it.