5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a One of the segments of a tapeworm, containing both male and female reproductive organs.
- b malignant tumor originating in glandular epithelium
- c the active, motile feeding stage of a sporozoan parasite.
- d Uses laboratory-raised arthropod vectors to detect low levels of parasites in infected individuals. Uninfected arthropod feeds on an individual suspected of having the disease and is then dissected and examined microscopically for evidence of the parasite.
- e head of an adult tapeworm; can contain suckers or hooks
5 Multiple choice questions
- groin, fungal infection of the groin (most common in men)
- painful spasm of the anal sphincter along with an urgent desire to defecate without the significant production of feces
- an abnormal lowering of the white blood cell count
- organelles that capture the energy from sunlight and convert it into chemical energy in a process called photosynthesis
- inflammation of the uvea of the eye
5 True/False questions
Sputum → specimen should be a deep sputum rather than primarily saliva
Fungicidal activity → inhibits the growth of an organism (minimum inhibitory concentration).
Duodenal Aspirates → a fungal infection of the scalp. It is also called ringworm of the scalp.
urease → an enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of urea into carbon dioxide and ammonia
Siderophores → proteins made by the bacteria that will bind to iron