5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- To hoax someone is to
- a play a trick on that person.
- b Real friends don't ______________each other into doing things that feel wrong.
- c The high point of our day at the fair was the _____________ride on the roller coaster.
- d Banging on the door failed to (bring about) any response from side.
- e I gave an inept dancer a ________________look when he offered to teach me to tango.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- We knew the player's injury was a __________when he jumped to his feet and laughed at us.
- Jess ________________over whether to tell Bob that she had seen him cheating.
- it is not a fake.
- the expression of strong disagreement.
- The decision to reduce the size of the police force was certainly the cause of a (public dispute that aroused very strong feelings on both sides of the issue).
5 True/False Questions
commended → The school year _______________on September 9.
exhilarate → The sound of a big brass band never fails to _____________the crowds.
elicited → Banging on the door failed to (bring about) any response from side.
recount → The candidate who lost by only three votes immediately demanded a ___________.
genuine → The candidate who lost by only three votes immediately demanded a ___________.