a feeling of hostility or ill will, as between enemies
a singer in a choir, the leader of a choir
a fortified place; a projecting portion of a fortification that forms an irregular pentagon attached at the base to the main work
the quality of lively or enthusiastic expression of thoughts or feelings
a retaliatory accusation
disorderly agitation or milling about of a crowd usually with uproar and confusion of voices
caused by or showing sincere remorse; filled with a sense of guilt
1. understood without being openly expressed; implied
2. unvoiced or unspoken; silent
1.taken, done, used, etc., surreptitiously or by stealth; secret:a furtive glance.
2. Sneaky; secretive
offensively noisy or loud
proscribed by society as improper or unacceptable.
wishing evil or harm to another or others.
causing laughter because of absurdity; provoking or deserving derision; ridiculous; laughable: a ludicrous lack of efficiency.
1. lacking the ability to express oneself, especially in clear and effective speech: an inarticulate public speaker.
2. unable to use articulate speech: inarticulate with rage
3. not articulate; not uttered or emitted with expressive or intelligible modulations
4.not fully expressed or expressible: a voice choked with inarticulate agony.
appalled (92) : verb. to fill or overcome with horror, consternation, or fear
to fill or overcome with horror, consternation, or fear
affected with timidity or trembling
a large sea creature or animal
a loud shout or loud continuous noise