5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Continental Army
- Whiskey Rebellion
- Great Compromise
- New Jersey Plan
- Lewis and Clark Expedition
- a Compromise made by Constitutional Convention in which states would have equal representation in one house of the legislature and representation based on population in the other house
- b The official army of the colonies, created by second continental congress and led by George Washington
- c an expedition sent by Thomas Jefferson to explore the northwestern territories of the United States
- d Opposite of the Virginia Plan, it proposed a single-chamber congress in which each state had one vote. This created a conflict with representation between bigger states, who wanted control befitting their population, and smaller states, who didn't want to be bullied by larger states.
- e a protest caused by tax on liquor; it tested the will of the government, Washington's quick response showed the government's strength and mercy
5 Multiple choice questions
- the branch of government that makes the laws.
- persons appointed by the president to head executive departments of government and act as official advisers
- British practice of taking American sailors and forcing them into military service
- The first ten amendments to the Constitution
- Virginia delegate James Madison's plan of government, in which states got a number of representatives in Congress based on their population
5 True/False questions
Anti-Federalists → Supporters of the Constitution that were led by Alexander Hamilton and John Adams. They firmly believed the national government should be strong. They didn't want the Bill of Rights because they felt citizens' rights were already well protected by the Constitution.
Northwest Territory → The 1787 Northwest Ordinance defined the process by which new states could be admitted into the Union from the Northwest Territory. He ordinance forbade slavery in the territory but allowed citizens to vote on the legality of slavery once statehood had been established. The Northwest Ordinance was the most lasting measure of the national government under the Articles of Confederation
Northwest Ordinance → part of the land given to the Americans by the British in the treaty of Paris
Marbury vs. Madison → a protest caused by tax on liquor; it tested the will of the government, Washington's quick response showed the government's strength and mercy
Republic → Introduction to the Constitution