← Cgs 2100 exam 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Virus Hoax
- "Hot Spot"
- Screen Saver
- Multi - user operating system
- a E-mail message that warns users of a non-existent virus or other malware
- b • Data is collection of unprocessed data
- c Wireless network that provides Internet connection to mobile computers and devices
- d • In reference to operating to systems, enables two or more users to run programs simultaneously.
- e • A screen saver causes the monitor to display different images to avoid damaging the screen
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The amount of data, instructions, and information that can travel over a communication channel.
- • The kernel is the core of the operating system
- Compressed files are sometimes called zipped files and they reduce the size of files by eliminating duplicate characters
- • A digital modem sends and receives data and information to and from a digital line
- • UNIX is a multi-tasking operating system invented in the 1970's
5 True/False Questions
Wireless access point → • A screen saver causes the monitor to display different images to avoid damaging the screen
Personal firewall → • Digital forensics is the discovery, collection, and analysis of evidence found on computers and networks
"cybercafe' → Coffeehouse, restaurant, or other location that provides personal computers with Internet access to its customers
GPS receiver → • A screen saver causes the monitor to display different images to avoid damaging the screen
Pop-up blocker → Filtering program that stops pop-up ads from displaying on web-pages.