5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- "Hot Spot"
- Compressed Files
- Wireless access point
- a Compressed files are sometimes called zipped files and they reduce the size of files by eliminating duplicate characters
- b A modem is a device or program that enables a computer to transmit data over, for example, telephone or cable lines.
- c • A wireless access point is a central communications device that allows computers to connect to a wireless network
- d Wireless network that provides Internet connection to mobile computers and devices
- e • Data is collection of unprocessed data
5 Multiple choice questions
- Network that provides a mobile connection to a company network server, as if the user has a private line.
- • A GPS receiver is used to receive satellite signals and contains an antenna and processor
- • You can use a Recover Disk to restore a damaged hard Drive
- • A database is a collection of data organized in a manner that allows access, retrieval, and use of that data
- • Computer communications involve the transfer of data, information and instructions
5 True/False questions
Screen Saver → • A screen saver causes the monitor to display different images to avoid damaging the screen
Report generator → DBMS feature that allows users to design a report on the screen, retrieve data into the report design, and then display or print the report.
Fiber optic cable → ...
802.11 → • Data is collection of unprocessed data
Peer-to-peer network → • A peer-to-peer network is a simple, inexpensive network that typically connects 10 or fewer computers.