5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- fall of Holy Roman Empire
- Battle of Tours
- Council of Clermont
- a 1453
- b Scandinavian pirates who plundered the coasts of Europe from the 8th to 10th centuries.
- c An assembly heard the a speech given by Pope Urban II and basically he said they was a direct path to heaven for those willing to fight in the first crusade
- d 732 C.E. Christians defeat Muslim invaders and stop the spread of Islam into Europe
- e traditional code of the Japanese samurai which stressed courage and loyalty and self-discipline and simple living
5 Multiple choice questions
- nomads from Mongolia, known for their brutality and war tactics. Seized Baghdad in 1258 C.E.
- Mongol dynasty in China
- A philosophy in which interests and values of human beings are of primary importance
- followed the Umayyad dynasty. (750-1258 C.E.)
- a Japanese feudal lord who commanded a private army of samurai
5 True/False questions
Hanseatic League → capital of the Byzantine Empire
Geocentric Theory → Aristotle's theory that the earth is the center of the universe
code of chivalry → a code of behavior that governed the aspect of all knights behavior
guild systems → Moroccan Muslim scholar, the most widely traveled individual of his time. He wrote a detailed account of his visits to Islamic lands from China to Spain and the western Sudan.
Zen (Chan) → Mali's most powerful ruler (1312-1337 C.E.)