who succeeded blanco as gob gen?
gob. gen basilio augustin
who is george dewey?
commander of american asiatic squadron
who ordered dewey to attack spain in case a war broke out?
theodore roosevelt sr
when did maine explode?
when did the war with spain break out?
who was the captain of the spanish fleet?
who suggested aguinaldo to form a dictatorship?
who replaced augustin as gob gen?
when was the mock battle of manila?
13 august 1898
who was the president during the spanish-american war?
when was the declaration of independence?
12 june 1898
what was the title of the philippine march?
marcha nacional filipina
who was the composer of the philippine march?
who made the act of declaration of independence?
ambrosio rianzares bautista
what did the june decrees contain?
1) reorganization oflocal government 2) election of delegates for the revolutionary congress 3) change to revolutionary government with "dictator" changed to "president" 4) creation of a congress
what were the departments of the revolutionary congress?
1) foreign affairs 2) war 3) interior 4) welfare 5) justice 6) treasury
who was the prominent member who drafted the malolos constitution?
why was the malolos constitution "unique"?
1) legislature was superior to executive and judicial branches 2) there's a permanent constiution to sit as a legislative body when the assembly is not in session 3) unicameral legislature
what was the first significant act of the congress?
it ratified the independence at kawit.
why did mabini oppose to the malolos constitution?
1) the constitution should be done in a peaceful and quiet mood in order to give the framers sufficient time to deliberate on the proposed provisions 2) congress was convoked not to frame a constitution but to advice the president and give him popular support
what did the treaty of paris contain?
1) 20 million dollars payment to spain for improvements made in the colony 2) US gave Spain the right to ship commodities to the Philippines for a period of ten years on the same terms as those of the US