6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A device containing two suspended metal leaves in a jar that move apart when charged; used to detect the presence of electric charges.
- A closed path through which electrons flow.
- An area surrounding an electron that exerts a force on anything nearby with an electric charge; is strongest nearest the electron and weakens with a distance.
- The unit of electrical energy
- A material that allows electrons to move easily through it.
5 True/False Questions
insulator → A material that does not allow heat or electrons to move through it easily.
parallel circuit → An electrical circuit where the current has only one path. If the path is interrupted in any point, it stops current flow in the entire circuit.
potential difference → The rate at which electrical energy is converted to another form of energy; this is expressed in watts (W) or kilowatts (kW).
ohm's law → States that potential difference=current X resistance, or V (volts)=I (amperes) X R (ohms).
dry cell → A power of source that acts as an electron pump and generates electric current by a chemical reaction