5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Archibald Garrod
- Components of Nucleic Acids
- Avery, Macleod and McCarthy Study
- a Wrote "Inborn errors of metabolism: was based on his research on a disease called "alkaptonuria or when urine turns black"
- b a region of DNA typically found near the middle of a chromosome where two identical sister chromatids come closest in contact.
- c An Enzyme that breaks DNA strands allowing them to untwist them during replication
- d Treated the DNA with two enzymes, a protease degrades proteins; DNAse degrades DNA.
- e The components are:
5 Multiple choice questions
- Joins partial strands together; joins 3' end of DNA that replaces primer to rest of leading strand and joins Okazaki fragments of lagging strand
- The strand of the DNA double helix that is copied by a base pair complementary to make an RNA.
- installs new nucleotids; catalyzes the snythesis of new DNA by adding nucleotides to a pre-existing chain.
- determined that DNA is the genetic material of inheritance; bacteriophage study
5 True/False questions
T2 → Joins partial strands together; joins 3' end of DNA that replaces primer to rest of leading strand and joins Okazaki fragments of lagging strand
Deoxyribose → DNA "double helix"
Okazaki fragments → little pieces of DNA on the lagging strand that patches DNA nucleotides.
Telomeres → Junk DNA at the ends of DNA strands
Q Region → is the large region of a chromosome