5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- DNA Polymerase
- 4 Nitrogen Bases of DNA
- Template Strand
- a installs new nucleotids; catalyzes the snythesis of new DNA by adding nucleotides to a pre-existing chain.
- b is antiparallel with a 5'prime end and a 3'prime end
- c Adenine
- d Each strand of both daughter molecules contains a mixture of old and newly synthesized parts.
- e The strand of the DNA double helix that is copied by a base pair complementary to make an RNA.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Wrote "Inborn errors of metabolism: was based on his research on a disease called "alkaptonuria or when urine turns black"
- and enzyme that adds segments to ends of molecules of DNA/seals the ends acts like bumpers.
- a region of DNA typically found near the middle of a chromosome where two identical sister chromatids come closest in contact.
- described the theory of transformation; mouse study with bacteria
- Cuts out damaged parts of DNA
5 True/False Questions
Beadle "Beets" and Tatum → Models of Replication; Conservative, semiconservative, disruptive/dispersive
Okazaki fragments → little pieces of DNA on the lagging strand that patches DNA nucleotides.
Bacteriophage → virus that attacks bacteria
Nucleosomes → bead-like structures with 140 base pairs of DNA wrapped around a disc of eight histone proteins.
Histone Protein → highly alkaline proteins found in eukaryotic cells nuclei that package and order the DNA into structural units called nucleosomes