5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Archibald Garrod
- Anti-parallel strands
- Lagging Strand
- a Top end and bottom end are not parallel, 5 prime has phosphate end and 3 prime has an OH- end.
- b and enzyme that adds segments to ends of molecules of DNA/seals the ends acts like bumpers.
- c untwists the double helix at the replication forks
- d Wrote "Inborn errors of metabolism: was based on his research on a disease called "alkaptonuria or when urine turns black"
- e the rough strand
5 Multiple choice questions
- S Phase...sister chromatids form
- 1 ringed Nitrogen base
- "C", Cytosine
- adds the RNA Primer; Synthesizes an RNA primer at 5 prime end of leading strand and of each Okazaki fragment of lagging strand
- described the theory of transformation; mouse study with bacteria
5 True/False questions
Beadle "Beets" and Tatum → Models of Replication; Conservative, semiconservative, disruptive/dispersive
DNA Polymerase → installs new nucleotids; catalyzes the snythesis of new DNA by adding nucleotides to a pre-existing chain.
Topoisomerase → and enzyme that adds segments to ends of molecules of DNA/seals the ends acts like bumpers.
Conservative Model → the idea that bacteria take up DNA from their environment;
a change in genotype and phenotype due to the assimilation of external DNA by a cell
Chargaff's Rule → Joins partial strands together; joins 3' end of DNA that replaces primer to rest of leading strand and joins Okazaki fragments of lagging strand