5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Semiconservative Model of DNA Replication
- Avery, Macleod and McCarthy Study
- Leading Strand
- Meselson and Stahl
- a is antiparallel with a 5'prime end and a 3'prime end
- b Treated the DNA with two enzymes, a protease degrades proteins; DNAse degrades DNA.
- c when a double helix replicates, each of the two daughter molecules will have one old strand, derived from the parent molecule and one newly made strand.
- d the smooth strand
- e Models of Replication; Conservative, semiconservative, disruptive/dispersive
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- In Eukaryotic chromosomal DNA molecules that have a special nucleotide sequence such as TTAGGG
- little pieces of DNA on the lagging strand that patches DNA nucleotides.
- Joins partial strands together; joins 3' end of DNA that replaces primer to rest of leading strand and joins Okazaki fragments of lagging strand
- Transcription (protein synthesis), Translation, Replication
5 True/False Questions
Chargaff's Rule → 30% A
P Region → is the small region of a chromosome "petite"
Disruptive/Dispersive → Each strand of both daughter molecules contains a mixture of old and newly synthesized parts.
Telo-meres → In Eukaryotic chromosomal DNA molecules that have a special nucleotide sequence such as TTAGGG
Nucleotide Excision → Molecules detect mismatched pairs and replace them with the correct pairs