5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 4 Nitrogen Bases of DNA
- P Region
- Archibald Garrod
- a is the small region of a chromosome "petite"
- b and enzyme that adds segments to ends of molecules of DNA/seals the ends acts like bumpers.
- c Adenine
- d Wrote "Inborn errors of metabolism: was based on his research on a disease called "alkaptonuria or when urine turns black"
- e Junk DNA at the ends of DNA strands
5 Multiple choice questions
- S Phase...sister chromatids form
- In Eukaryotic chromosomal DNA molecules that have a special nucleotide sequence such as TTAGGG
- is antiparallel with a 5'prime end and a 3'prime end
- Changes RNA nucleotides into DNA nucleotides
- "T", Thymine
5 True/False questions
RNA Primer → building block for nucleic acids
Nucleotide Excision → bead-like structures with 140 base pairs of DNA wrapped around a disc of eight histone proteins.
Semiconservative Model of DNA Replication → when a double helix replicates, each of the two daughter molecules will have one old strand, derived from the parent molecule and one newly made strand.
Satellite DNA → segments of repetitive DNA #13, 14, 15, 21 and 22
Helix Destabilizing Proteins → Keeps strands separate