5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Griffith Study
- Archibald Garrod
- RNA Primer
- a building block for nucleic acids
- b Wrote "Inborn errors of metabolism: was based on his research on a disease called "alkaptonuria or when urine turns black"
- c Each strand of both daughter molecules contains a mixture of old and newly synthesized parts.
- d described the theory of transformation; mouse study with bacteria
- e is antiparallel with a 5'prime end and a 3'prime end
5 Multiple choice questions
- Transcription (protein synthesis), Translation, Replication
- and enzyme that adds segments to ends of molecules of DNA/seals the ends acts like bumpers.
- S Phase...sister chromatids form
- highly alkaline proteins found in eukaryotic cells nuclei that package and order the DNA into structural units called nucleosomes
- Treated the DNA with two enzymes, a protease degrades proteins; DNAse degrades DNA.
5 True/False questions
DNA Polymerase I → Changes RNA nucleotides into DNA nucleotides
Purines → adds the RNA Primer; Synthesizes an RNA primer at 5 prime end of leading strand and of each Okazaki fragment of lagging strand
P Region → is the large region of a chromosome
Leading Strand → the smooth strand
Deoxyribose → made of sugar, 1 nucleotide and 1 phosphate