5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Satellite DNA
- Histone Proteins
- a made of sugar, 1 nucleotide and 1 phosphate
- b Proteins that bind to the segment of DNA that links neighboring beads.
- c a region of DNA typically found near the middle of a chromosome where two identical sister chromatids come closest in contact.
- d An Enzyme that breaks DNA strands allowing them to untwist them during replication
- e segments of repetitive DNA #13, 14, 15, 21 and 22
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Models of Replication; Conservative, semiconservative, disruptive/dispersive
- Top end and bottom end are not parallel, 5 prime has phosphate end and 3 prime has an OH- end.
- The original molecule; the parental double helix remains intact and an all-new copy is made.
- 30% A
5 True/False Questions
Okazaki fragments → little pieces of DNA on the lagging strand that patches DNA nucleotides.
Histone Protein → Proteins that bind to the segment of DNA that links neighboring beads.
In what phase does DNA replication take place? → when a double helix replicates, each of the two daughter molecules will have one old strand, derived from the parent molecule and one newly made strand.
Rosalind Franklin → x-ray diffraction crystalography photographer
4 Nitrogen Bases of DNA → Adenine