5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Helix Destabilizing Proteins
- DNA Polymerase
- a Joins partial strands together; joins 3' end of DNA that replaces primer to rest of leading strand and joins Okazaki fragments of lagging strand
- b Junk DNA at the ends of DNA strands
- c In Eukaryotic chromosomal DNA molecules that have a special nucleotide sequence such as TTAGGG
- d Keeps strands separate
- e installs new nucleotids; catalyzes the snythesis of new DNA by adding nucleotides to a pre-existing chain.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Wrote "Inborn errors of metabolism: was based on his research on a disease called "alkaptonuria or when urine turns black"
- is antiparallel with a 5'prime end and a 3'prime end
- is acidic, negatively charged and associated with postiviely charged histone proteins.
- 2 ringed Nitrogen base
- bead-like structures with 140 base pairs of DNA wrapped around a disc of eight histone proteins.
5 True/False Questions
Helicase → untwists the double helix at the replication forks
Single-Strand binding proteins → Keeps strands separate
Transformation → the idea that bacteria take up DNA from their environment;
a change in genotype and phenotype due to the assimilation of external DNA by a cell
Griffith Study → described the theory of transformation; mouse study with bacteria
Okazaki fragments → building block for nucleic acids