5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Okazaki fragments
- Satellite DNA
- Conservative Model
- a segments of repetitive DNA #13, 14, 15, 21 and 22
- b adds the RNA Primer; Synthesizes an RNA primer at 5 prime end of leading strand and of each Okazaki fragment of lagging strand
- c The original molecule; the parental double helix remains intact and an all-new copy is made.
- d a region of DNA typically found near the middle of a chromosome where two identical sister chromatids come closest in contact.
- e little pieces of DNA on the lagging strand that patches DNA nucleotides.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 30% A
- the idea that bacteria take up DNA from their environment;
a change in genotype and phenotype due to the assimilation of external DNA by a cell
- the smooth strand
- virus that attacks bacteria
- Treated the DNA with two enzymes, a protease degrades proteins; DNAse degrades DNA.
5 True/False Questions
Kinetochore → microtubule strands connected to centromeres.
Scaffolding Proteins → special proteins that help link mucleosomes together for communication and support
DNA → is antiparallel with a 5'prime end and a 3'prime end
Ribose → adds the RNA Primer; Synthesizes an RNA primer at 5 prime end of leading strand and of each Okazaki fragment of lagging strand
Rosalind Franklin → x-ray diffraction crystalography photographer