5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Avery, Macleod and McCarthy Study
- Meselson and Stahl
- Conservative Model
- Template Strand
- a Treated the DNA with two enzymes, a protease degrades proteins; DNAse degrades DNA.
- b Models of Replication; Conservative, semiconservative, disruptive/dispersive
- c The original molecule; the parental double helix remains intact and an all-new copy is made.
- d microtubule strands connected to centromeres.
- e The strand of the DNA double helix that is copied by a base pair complementary to make an RNA.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- is the small region of a chromosome "petite"
- x-ray diffraction crystalography photographer
- Proteins that bind to the segment of DNA that links neighboring beads.
- 2 ringed Nitrogen base
- building block for nucleic acids
5 True/False Questions
Primase → adds the RNA Primer; Synthesizes an RNA primer at 5 prime end of leading strand and of each Okazaki fragment of lagging strand
Single-Strand binding proteins → special proteins that help link mucleosomes together for communication and support
Telo-meres → Junk DNA at the ends of DNA strands
Functions of DNA → is acidic, negatively charged and associated with postiviely charged histone proteins.
Okazaki fragments → x-ray diffraction crystalography photographer