5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Christ as a Teacher
- a Believed along with Augustine that outside of the church, there is no salvation.
- b Is Greek for "Soul"
- c "Dokien" (Means to appear/ seen)
Believed that Jesus wasn't human at all, said that he only appeared to be human
- d Christ became human to teach us the truth, the true law, to teach us how to live, the "Law of Love"
- e closeness to the apostles
5 Multiple choice questions
- We are worthy of death because of our sin. But Jesus died for us so that we can be saved.
- Emphasized the union of the human and divin parts of Jesus
- means "and the son" part of the Constantinopolitan Creed
- "Father of Monasticism"; monks and nuns moved ot the desert
- Regulations about how monks / nuns should live together
5 True/False questions
Augustin (Milan) → becomes a "hearer" in a Gnostic sect called the Manichees/Manicheans (founded by Mani)
Was only a "catechumen", a person becoming a full fledge gnostic
-profoundly influenced by Ambrose, he baptized Augustin on Easter 387
Theotokos → means God bearer
Single Procession → You are either predestined for heaven or hell, and there is nothing that you can do about it.
The Primacy of Grace → "Spirit Fighters"
-Did not believe that the Holy Spirit was fully God.
"Superstition of the mind" → Regulations about how monks / nuns should live together