5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gregory of Nizianrus
- Animals and inanimate objects
- Single Procession
- a the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ
- b Said, "That which is not assumed is not healed"
-Jesus must have a human soul, otherwise the human soul is not saved or healed
-Jesus must have a human mind, otherwise the human mind is not saved/ healed etc...
- c savior
- d give praise to God " through the mouths of thos who meditate upon them" (ppl. realizing that God created it)
- e The Holy Spirit proceeds from the father, through the son
5 Multiple choice questions
- A wildly exagerated speech that praised or honored a person. Augustus did not care for them.
- "Spirit Fighters"
-Did not believe that the Holy Spirit was fully God.
- Accepted the hypostatic union
- Regulations about how monks / nuns should live together
- giving human qualities to something that isn't human; Augustus did this with the concept of continence.
5 True/False questions
The Body of Christ (Incarnational answer) → Against the Donatists, Augustine argued that the validity of the sacraments is not dependent upon the holiness of the minister who administers them.
Anima → teacher at Alexandria; Platonic view of death
Cyril of Alexandria → -Went to school in Alexandria
-hot headed and jealous of Nestorius
-Accused nestorius as being a hertic
soteriology → The study of salvation
*there is no perfect way to explain soteriology because salvation is a mystery
Aurelius Augustinus → He was Ordained a presbyter four (4) years after his baptism
Later ordained a Bishop four (4) years after he was made a presbyter