5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What did European countries do to improve agricultural production?
- Why and who did consumer services begin with?
- What 2 things determine the size of a market area?
- What type of service are the majority of people in and why?
- What is a threshold
- a Business- higher demand and better pay
- b Began with nomads who focused on burying dead
- c Range and threshold
- d converted their rural landscapes from clustered to dispersed with the enclosure movement (G.B)- consolidated individually owned strips of land into a single large farm owned by an individual
- e the minimum number of people needed to support the service
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- In the Great Plains- aren't heavily industrialized or interrupted by major physical features (rivers/mountains)
- Pros: greater agricultural efficiency, Cons: destroyed the self-contained world of village life
- centers of military power
- Hamlet or village
- the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the 2nd ranking settlement
5 True/False Questions
What were southeastern colonies' settlements like? → Since there was a wide variety of cultures, and most came as individuals dispersed settlements became popular.
What happened in clustered rural settlements when the population grew too large for the fields? → They are considered more efficient
What were the four employment changes (growths) in U.S? → consumer, business, and public services
What were New England colonies' clustered settlements like? → -built on an open area called a common. -Clustered settlements favored by New Englanders for traveling in a group and to reinforce common cultural/religious values.
-Land was not sold, but awarded to an individual
Why did New England cluster settlements become dispersed? → They are considered more efficient