5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Cinder Cone
- James Hutton
- a Crack in the earth along which NO movement has occured.
- b Geologist who developed the principle of Uniformitarianism, considered the father of modern geology.
- c the act of processing used or abandoned materials for use in creating new products.
- d Steep sided loosely packed volcano formed when tephra falls to the ground.
- e The amount of damage caused by an earthquake.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Measure of energy released during an earthquake.
- Principle that states that in a series of layers that contain fossils, the oldest fossil is at the bottom.
- Age in years of a rock or other objects that can be determined by using properties of the atoms that make up materials.
- Vibrations producedwjen rocks break along a fault
- A type of body fossil that firms when crystals fill a mold or sediments wash into mold and harden into rock.
5 True/False Questions
Cross-cutting relationship → Principle that states that which cats across is younger that what it cuts.
Composite → Volcano built by alternating explosive and quiet eruptions that produce layers of tephra and lava; fond mostly where earths plates come together and one plate sinks below the other.
Uniformitarianism → Principle that states that processes that are occurring on the earth today have happened also in the past at or about the same rate.
Sill → Igneous rock featured formed when magma is squeezed into a horizontal crack between layers layers of rock that hardens underground.
Carbon Film → Thin film Of carbon residue preserved as a fossil.