5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Angular Unconformity
- Carbon Film
- a Thin film Of carbon residue preserved as a fossil.
- b An unconformity in which younger sediment or sedimentary rocks rest on the eroded surface of tilted or folded older rocks.
- c The preserved remains or traces of an organism that lived in the past.
- d A type of body fossil that firms when crystals fill a mold or sediments wash into mold and harden into rock.
- e Seismic sea wave that begins over an earthquake focus and can be highly destructive when it crashes on the shore.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the act of processing used or abandoned materials for use in creating new products.
- States that in an undisturbed rock layers the oldest rocks are on the bottom and the rocks become progressively younger toward the top.
- A type of body fossil that forms in rock when an organism with hard parts is buried, decays or dissolves and leaves a cavity int he rock
- Principle that states that processes that are occurring on the earth today have happened also in the past at or about the same rate.
- In an earthquake, the point below Earth's surface were energy is released in the form of Seismic waves.
5 True/False questions
Epicenter → large, ancient landmass that was composed of all the continents joined together
Dike → Igneous rock featured formed when magma is squeezed into a horizontal crack between layers layers of rock that hardens underground.
Hot Spot → The preserved remains or traces of an organism that lived in the past.
Charles Darwin → Geologist who developed the principle of Uniformitarianism, considered the father of modern geology.
Pangaea → Igneous rock feature formed when magma is squeezed into a vertical crack that cuts across rock layers and hardens underground.