5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Shield Volcanoe
- Absolute age
- Angular Unconformity
- Relative Age
- a An unconformity in which younger sediment or sedimentary rocks rest on the eroded surface of tilted or folded older rocks.
- b The age of something compared with other things.
- c Broad,gently sloping volcano formed by quiet eruptions of basaltic lava.
- d Age in years of a rock or other objects that can be determined by using properties of the atoms that make up materials.
- e Igneous rock featured formed when magma is squeezed into a horizontal crack between layers layers of rock that hardens underground.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A type of body fossil that forms in rock when an organism with hard parts is buried, decays or dissolves and leaves a cavity int he rock
- the act of processing used or abandoned materials for use in creating new products.
- Principle that states that processes that are occurring on the earth today have happened also in the past at or about the same rate.
- A type of body fossil that firms when crystals fill a mold or sediments wash into mold and harden into rock.
- English naturalist. He studied the plants and animals of South America and the Pacific islands, and in his book On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection (1859) set forth his theory of evolution.
5 True/False questions
Cross-cutting relationship → States that in an undisturbed rock layers the oldest rocks are on the bottom and the rocks become progressively younger toward the top.
Fault → A type of body fossil that firms when crystals fill a mold or sediments wash into mold and harden into rock.
Epicenter → Point on Earth's surface directly above an earthquakes focus.
Superposition → States that in an undisturbed rock layers the oldest rocks are on the bottom and the rocks become progressively younger toward the top.
Magnitude → Measure of energy released during an earthquake.