5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- James Hutton
- a Vibrations producedwjen rocks break along a fault
- b Igneous rock feature formed when magma is squeezed into a vertical crack that cuts across rock layers and hardens underground.
- c Crack in the earth along which NO movement has occured.
- d Geologist who developed the principle of Uniformitarianism, considered the father of modern geology.
- e Igneous rock featured formed when magma is squeezed into a horizontal crack between layers layers of rock that hardens underground.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Volcano built by alternating explosive and quiet eruptions that produce layers of tephra and lava; fond mostly where earths plates come together and one plate sinks below the other.
- A type of body fossil that firms when crystals fill a mold or sediments wash into mold and harden into rock.
- large, ancient landmass that was composed of all the continents joined together
- Unusually a hot area at the boundary between Earths mantel and core that forms volcanoes melted rock is forced upward and breaks through the crust.
- The age of something compared with other things.
5 True/False Questions
Magnitude → Surface along which rocks move when they pass their elastic limit and break
Superposition → States that in an undisturbed rock layers the oldest rocks are on the bottom and the rocks become progressively younger toward the top.
Recycling → the act of processing used or abandoned materials for use in creating new products.
Intensity → The amount of damage caused by an earthquake.
Mold → Igneous rock featured formed when magma is squeezed into a horizontal crack between layers layers of rock that hardens underground.