5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cross-cutting relationship
- Absolute age
- a Principle that states that which cats across is younger that what it cuts.
- b Age in years of a rock or other objects that can be determined by using properties of the atoms that make up materials.
- c the act of processing used or abandoned materials for use in creating new products.
- d Seismic sea wave that begins over an earthquake focus and can be highly destructive when it crashes on the shore.
- e Point on Earth's surface directly above an earthquakes focus.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Geologist who developed the principle of Uniformitarianism, considered the father of modern geology.
- The preserved remains or traces of an organism that lived in the past.
- Steep sided loosely packed volcano formed when tephra falls to the ground.
- Thin film Of carbon residue preserved as a fossil.
- Principle that states that in a series of layers that contain fossils, the oldest fossil is at the bottom.
5 True/False questions
Relative Age → The age of something compared with other things.
Pangaea → large, ancient landmass that was composed of all the continents joined together
Angular Unconformity → An unconformity in which younger sediment or sedimentary rocks rest on the eroded surface of tilted or folded older rocks.
Dike → Igneous rock feature formed when magma is squeezed into a vertical crack that cuts across rock layers and hardens underground.
Fault → Surface along which rocks move when they pass their elastic limit and break