6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Gave part time jobs to high school and college students.
- Provided public works jobs for the unemployed. They were usually construction jobs.
- First experiment in regional public planning. Built damns and supplied electricity to rural areas.
- Provided long-term low interest mortgage loans.
- Insured deposits up to a certain amount
- Offered pointless, made-up jobs to the unemployed like sweeping the streets. Many people disapproved of it.
6 True/False questions
Works Progress Administration (WPA) → Created more public works jobs and programs for painters, musicians, writers, and other artists. Nicknamed, "we piddle around"
Home Owners Loan Corporation (HOLC) → Created more public works jobs and programs for painters, musicians, writers, and other artists. Nicknamed, "we piddle around"
Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) → Gave grants to the states to operate relief programs. Headed by Harry Hopkins
National Industrial Recovery Act (NIRA) & National Recovery Administration (NRA) → Provided electricity in rural areas.
Federal Farm Loan Act → Established social security.
Social Security Act → Established social security.