6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- Gave part time jobs to high school and college students.
- First experiment in regional public planning. Built damns and supplied electricity to rural areas.
- Offered pointless, made-up jobs to the unemployed like sweeping the streets. Many people disapproved of it.
- Provided long-term low interest mortgage loans.
- Paid farmers subsidies in order not to overproduce. It really hurt sharecroppers and was later declared unconstitutional.
- Created a board of labor leaders that made a code that set minimum prices, wages, work hours, production limits, etc. for each industry.
6 True/False Questions
Public Works Administration (PWA) → Provided public works jobs for the unemployed. They were usually construction jobs.
Banking Act (FDIC) → Insured deposits up to a certain amount
Federal Farm Loan Act → Established social security.
Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) → Gave grants to the states to operate relief programs. Headed by Harry Hopkins
Works Progress Administration (WPA) → Created more public works jobs and programs for painters, musicians, writers, and other artists. Nicknamed, "we piddle around"
Emergency Banking Relief Act → Provided funds for banks and liquidated unsound banks, then reopened them ten days later