6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- First experiment in regional public planning. Built damns and supplied electricity to rural areas.
- Helped people refinance their mortgages so they wouldn't lose their homes
- Gave jobs to young men ages 18-24, usually in parks and forests. About 2.75 million men participated.
- Paid farmers subsidies in order not to overproduce. It really hurt sharecroppers and was later declared unconstitutional.
- Created more public works jobs and programs for painters, musicians, writers, and other artists. Nicknamed, "we piddle around"
- Created a board of labor leaders that made a code that set minimum prices, wages, work hours, production limits, etc. for each industry.
6 True/False questions
National Youth Administration (NYA) → Gave part time jobs to high school and college students.
Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) → Gave grants to the states to operate relief programs. Headed by Harry Hopkins
Banking Act (FDIC) → Insured deposits up to a certain amount
Federal Farm Loan Act → Made it easier for farmers to gain credit and get low-interest loans.
Social Security Act → Made it easier for farmers to gain credit and get low-interest loans.
Emergency Banking Relief Act → Insured deposits up to a certain amount