6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Reaffirmed the right of labor to unionize and ensured fairness in labor and management relationships.
- Provided public works jobs for the unemployed. They were usually construction jobs.
- Made it easier for farmers to gain credit and get low-interest loans.
- Established social security.
- Insured deposits up to a certain amount
- Created a board of labor leaders that made a code that set minimum prices, wages, work hours, production limits, etc. for each industry.
6 True/False questions
Federal Housing Authority (FHA) → First experiment in regional public planning. Built damns and supplied electricity to rural areas.
Agricultural Adjustment Act (AAA) → Paid farmers subsidies in order not to overproduce. It really hurt sharecroppers and was later declared unconstitutional.
National Youth Administration (NYA) → Offered pointless, made-up jobs to the unemployed like sweeping the streets. Many people disapproved of it.
Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) → Provided long-term low interest mortgage loans.
Emergency Banking Relief Act → Insured deposits up to a certain amount
Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) → Gave jobs to young men ages 18-24, usually in parks and forests. About 2.75 million men participated.