6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Established social security.
- Gave part time jobs to high school and college students.
- Reaffirmed the right of labor to unionize and ensured fairness in labor and management relationships.
- Gave jobs to young men ages 18-24, usually in parks and forests. About 2.75 million men participated.
- Paid farmers subsidies in order not to overproduce. It really hurt sharecroppers and was later declared unconstitutional.
- Created a board of labor leaders that made a code that set minimum prices, wages, work hours, production limits, etc. for each industry.
6 True/False questions
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) → Gave jobs to young men ages 18-24, usually in parks and forests. About 2.75 million men participated.
Public Works Administration (PWA) → Provided public works jobs for the unemployed. They were usually construction jobs.
Federal Farm Loan Act → Made it easier for farmers to gain credit and get low-interest loans.
Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) → First experiment in regional public planning. Built damns and supplied electricity to rural areas.
Federal Housing Authority (FHA) → Provided long-term low interest mortgage loans.
Home Owners Loan Corporation (HOLC) → Helped people refinance their mortgages so they wouldn't lose their homes