6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Made it easier for farmers to gain credit and get low-interest loans.
- Established social security.
- Paid farmers subsidies in order not to overproduce. It really hurt sharecroppers and was later declared unconstitutional.
- Provided public works jobs for the unemployed. They were usually construction jobs.
- Reaffirmed the right of labor to unionize and ensured fairness in labor and management relationships.
- Provided long-term low interest mortgage loans.
6 True/False questions
Civil Works Administration (CWA) → Offered pointless, made-up jobs to the unemployed like sweeping the streets. Many people disapproved of it.
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) → Gave jobs to young men ages 18-24, usually in parks and forests. About 2.75 million men participated.
National Industrial Recovery Act (NIRA) & National Recovery Administration (NRA) → Provided electricity in rural areas.
Rural Electrification Administration (REA) → Gave grants to the states to operate relief programs. Headed by Harry Hopkins
Home Owners Loan Corporation (HOLC) → Helped people refinance their mortgages so they wouldn't lose their homes
Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) → Gave jobs to young men ages 18-24, usually in parks and forests. About 2.75 million men participated.