6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- Supervised the stock market and punished fraud.
- Provided electricity in rural areas.
- Helped people refinance their mortgages so they wouldn't lose their homes
- Created a board of labor leaders that made a code that set minimum prices, wages, work hours, production limits, etc. for each industry.
- Gave jobs to young men ages 18-24, usually in parks and forests. About 2.75 million men participated.
- First experiment in regional public planning. Built damns and supplied electricity to rural areas.
6 True/False Questions
Agricultural Adjustment Act (AAA) → Offered pointless, made-up jobs to the unemployed like sweeping the streets. Many people disapproved of it.
Banking Act (FDIC) → Insured deposits up to a certain amount
National Youth Administration (NYA) → Gave part time jobs to high school and college students.
Federal Housing Authority (FHA) → Provided long-term low interest mortgage loans.
Civil Works Administration (CWA) → Offered pointless, made-up jobs to the unemployed like sweeping the streets. Many people disapproved of it.
Social Security Act → Made it easier for farmers to gain credit and get low-interest loans.