5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Thymus gland
- Anterior pituitary gland
- a _______ hormones bind to intracellular receptors.
- b Steroid hormones have generally _______ (fast/slow) effects on cells.
- c Follicle stimulating hormone is made by the _______.
- d This hormone is responsible for sexual maturity and the sleeping cycle
5 Multiple choice questions
- Insulin is made inside the _____.
- The alternative name for Antidiuretic hormone is _______.
- This hormone stimulates the outer layer of the adrenal cortex to secrete hormones and corticoids.
- The name of hormones made from amino acids
5 True/False questions
corticoids → ____ balances metabolism of protein, carbohydrates, and fats.
Thyroid gland →
Oxytocin → This hormone causes the uterus to contract while the female is in childbirth and mammary glands to produce milk at the same time.
Thyroid gland → Calcitonin is made in the ____.