5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Posterior pituitary gland
- a ____ controls growth and metabolism, inadequate dietary iodine causes hypothyroidism (slow metabolism, reduced body temperature, overweight) found in the thyroid
- b This hormone is responsible for sexual maturity and the sleeping cycle
- c _______ hormones bind to extracellular receptors in the membrane of the cell.
- d Antidiuretic hormone is STORED by the _______.
- e Steroid hormones have generally _______ (fast/slow) effects on cells.
5 Multiple choice questions
- same function as adrenaline, but also a neurotransmitter.
- Insulin is made inside the _____.
- Luteinizing hormone is made by the _______.
- Corticoids are made by the ____.
- The disease name for lack of production of Insulin by the pancreas is _____.
5 True/False questions
Thymus → Testosterone is made inside the ____.
Anterior pituitary gland → Follicle stimulating hormone is made by the _______.
Pineal gland →
cannot → Steroid hormones _______ (can/cannot) cross the cell membrane.
Ovaries → Progesterone is made by inside the ____.