5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- two messenger model
- Anterior pituitary gland
- a Follicle stimulating hormone is made by the _______.
- b The name of the model in which certain hormones can't go through the cell membrane so it binds to a protein receptor and stimulates a cascade of events in the cell with the use of a secondary messenger. This will activate certain enzymes to stimulate chemical reactions.
- c _______ hormones bind to extracellular receptors in the membrane of the cell.
- d Testosterone is made inside the ____.
5 Multiple choice questions
- _______ hormones bind to intracellular receptors.
- Adrenaline and Epinephrine are both made by the _____.
- The name of the process in which the increase of one hormone secretion or its effects cause the decrease of another hormone secretion. this leads to balance.
- ____ is released in response to stress, dilation of blood vessels, increase in blood pressure and blood sugar.
5 True/False questions
Cell-turnover → The process in which older cells are replaced by new cells is called _______.
Proglandins → Stimulates the mammary glands in females to produce breast milk after childbirth.
Posterior pituitary gland → Antidiuretic hormone is STORED by the _______.
One messenger model → The name of the model in wich certain hormones can go through the cell membrane and affect the production of certain proteins which will stimulate chemical reactions
Adrenal cortex → The term for the outer layer of the adrenal gland.