5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Renal cortex
- a Testosterone is made inside the ____.
- b Progesterone is made by inside the ____.
- c This hormone increases blood sugar.
- d Erythropoetin is made by the ____.
- e Stimulates the mammary glands in females to produce breast milk after childbirth.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Estrogen is made inside the ____.
- The name of hormones made from cholesterol
- This hormone causes the uterus to contract while the female is in childbirth and mammary glands to produce milk at the same time.
- Oxytocin is stored by the _______.
- This hormone stimulates all cells in the body to grow. It adults this hormone stimulates old cells to be replaced by new cells.
5 True/False Questions
Insulin → Steroid hormones have generally _______ (fast/slow) effects on cells.
Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) → This hormone stimulates the thyroid to secrete hormones.
fast → Peptide hormes have generally _______ (fast/slow) effects on cells.
Parathormone → ____ increases calcuim in blood plasma.
Adrenal Cortex → Angiotensin is made by the _____.