5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Antidiuretic hormone (ADH)
- Adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH)
- b ____ decreases blood sugar
- c Calcitonin results in the ____ (building/breakdown) of bones.
- d This hormone causes the kidneys to retain water.
- e This hormone stimulates the outer layer of the adrenal cortex to secrete hormones and corticoids.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Luteinizing hormone is made by the _______.
- Name the two hormones that stimulate Female sexual maturity in alphabetical order.
- This hormone increases blood sugar.
- The disease name for lack of production of Insulin by the pancreas is _____.
5 True/False Questions
positive feedback → The name of the process in which the increase of one hormone secretion or its effects cause the decrease of another hormone secretion. this leads to balance.
Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) → This hormone targets male and female gonads. It stimulates the ova to mature and the release of estrogen in females. In males it stimulates the production of sperm.
Anterior pituitary gland → Antidiuretic hormone is STORED by the _______.
Growth hormone (GH) → This hormone stimulates all cells in the body to grow. It adults this hormone stimulates old cells to be replaced by new cells.
Testosterone → ____ increases the retention by kidneys of sodium and potassium.