5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Growth hormone (GH)
- Adrenaline (epinephrine)
- a ____ is released in response to stress, dilation of blood vessels, increase in blood pressure and blood sugar.
- b Steroid hormones have generally _______ (fast/slow) effects on cells.
- c This hormone increases blood sugar.
- d This hormone stimulates all cells in the body to grow. It adults this hormone stimulates old cells to be replaced by new cells.
- e This hormone is responsible for sexual maturity and the sleeping cycle
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The result of too little or too much Growth Hormone (somatophin). List in alphabetical order
- same function as adrenaline, but also a neurotransmitter.
- Antidiuretic hormone is MADE by the _______.
- ____ balances metabolism of protein, carbohydrates, and fats.
5 True/False Questions
Hypothalamus → Oxytocin is made by the _______.
Anterior pituitary gland → Adrenocorticotropic hormone is made by the _______.
Cell-turnover → The process in which older cells are replaced by new cells is called _______.
Releasing factors → Erythropoetin is made by the ____.
two messenger model → The name of the model in which certain hormones can't go through the cell membrane so it binds to a protein receptor and stimulates a cascade of events in the cell with the use of a secondary messenger. This will activate certain enzymes to stimulate chemical reactions.