← english final Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Works Cited page
- MLA convention
- Best resources for newspaper articles
- Use dashes (2 hyphens, no spaces) to
- a interrupt your sentnece to introduce new or extra information.
- b Use present tense when writing of events in texts, even if the text itself is in past tense..
- c Lexus Nexus and EBSCO host's Newpaper Source.
- d alphabetized, numbered in with rest of paper (student's last name and page # in header), double spaced like rest of paper, cetered title = Works Cited (NOT gigantic or italicized or bold)
- e use only to join sentences with conjunctive adverb, to separate list items IF they have internal commas, to join very short and simple parallel sentences.- use apostrophes only for noun possessives and contractions, never for simple plurals.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- makes readers believe and care about what you are saying
- = Intro + Body + Conclusion vs. Beginning (point of departure) ⇒ Middle (writer leads reader through argument / journey) ⇒ End (destination)- essay = attempt to get at something (from french word essayer)-
- not follow raiders word choice
- get what you want
- experts' and scholars' writings, interviews with relevant people, examples from history and other narrative evidence, etc.
5 True/False Questions
It's okay to break some rules of mechanics → to find fancier or more impressive or more academic seeming words when an ordinary, simple one will do
in the words of Loana → italicize words as words
carne → make your-write down word by someone saying to you
Works Cited Page → Alphabetize, double space just like rest of paper, use italics in lieu of underlining, number in with rest of paper, indent second and subsequent line(s) of each entry
r-o = run on → Sentence and Sentence. (fix r-o by adding a comma before the coord. conj.)