5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Cannon-Bard Theory
- see an oncoming car; heart pounds and, at the same time, the arousal is cognitively labeled; experience fear
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI)
- a According to the Schacter-Singer two-factor theory of emotion, which of the following is the correct sequence of events when a car drives directly toward us and we experience emotion?
- b The ____________ includes a "lie scale" that can assess the extent to which a person is "faking" to make a good impression.
- c The ____________ receives input from regions such as the anterior cingulated cortex, a higher-level center for processing emotion.
- d You look down while sitting at the top of the Ferris wheel. You immediately feel your heart start to pound and you simultaneously experience fear. Which of the following theories best explains this emotional response?
- e According to _____________, there is a pyramid of human needs, such that the most basic physiological needs must be satisfied before higher-level needs become active.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The goal of stress inoculation training is to reduce incapacitating anxiety by encouraging people to say positive things to themselves during anxiety-producing situations. This best illustrates a form of:
- Jane had Leukemia as a child and had to undergo numerous bouts of chemotherapy. The chemotherapy always made her nauseous. As she underwent a year of treatment, the waiting room started to make her nauseous. The nausea from the chemotherapy is:
- Highly emotional people are intense partly because of their interpretations. They may _____________ events as being somehow directed at them, and they may ______________ their experiences by blowing single incidents out of proportion.
- The James-Lange theory of emotion suggests that our experience of emotion:
- The Markowitz family has a son, Noah, who has exceptionally high intelligence and excels in math; however, he lacks social and communicative skills which limit his ability to sustain normal peer relationships. Noah has been diagnosed with:
5 True/False Questions
operant conditioning → If children get attention for doing cartwheels, they will repeat the trick if they find this attention to be enjoyable. This best illustrates:
proximity → In addition to controlling other endocrine glands, the pituitary also has primary responsibility for regulating:
conscious awareness → Psychologists would use _____________ to assess whether a single personality trait is reflected in a cluster of characteristics (e.g., ambition, determination, persistence, and self-reliance).
dendrites, the cell body, axon, terminal branches of the axon. → The correct order of the structures of the motor neuron is:
an escalating rate of anxiety → A famous Hollywood director has decided to present his latest film in 3-D. This will create a great movie-going experience for viewers as 3-D movies exaggerate: