6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- an emplyer's legal reason for firing an employee.
- established by the occupational safety and health act of 1970, the organization taht is charged with writing and enforcing compulsory standards for health and safety in the workplace.
- a concept established by precendent that says an employer risks litigation if he or she does not have just cause for firing an employee.
- a type of insurance taht allows employers, if convered, to collect up to the specified amount of the bond if an employee embezzeles or otherwise absconds with business funds.
- an OSHA regulation designed to protect health care workers from the risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
5 True/False Questions
Discrimination → prejudiced or prejudcial outlook, action, or treatment.
Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) → an OSHA standard intended to increase health care practioners' awareness of risks, improve work practices and appopriate use of personal prtectiove equipment, and redice inquiries and illnesses in the workplace.
Affirmative Action → prejudiced or prejudcial outlook, action, or treatment.
Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA) → also called clinical laboratory improvement amendments. Federal Statute passed in 188 that established minimum quuality standards for all laboratory testing.
Public Policy → the common law concept of wrongful discharge when an employee has acted for the "common good"