5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- organ systems
- nucleic acid
- a Large organic molecule made of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, and sometimes sulfur.
- b Very large organic molecule made of carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, and phosphorus, that contains, the instructions cells need to carry out all the functions of life.
- c A group of organs that work together to perform a major function in the body.
- d A protein framework inside the cell that gives the cell its shape.
- e The process by which molecules move from an area of higher concentration to an area of lower concentration.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Short, numerous projections that look like hairs.
- All organisms are composed of one or more cells. The cell is the basic unit of structure and organization of organisms. All cells come from preexisting cells.
- A structure in the body that is composed of different kinds of tissue.
- Energy rich organic compound, such as a fat, oil, or wax, that is made of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen.
- A group of similar cells that perform the same function.
5 True/False Questions
carbohydrate → An energy-rich organic compound made of the elements carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen.
selectively permeable → A property of cell membranes that allows some substances to pass through, while others cannot.
amino acid → A small molecule that is linked chemically to other amino acids to form proteins.
microfilaments, → thin, hollow cylinders made of protein.
unicellular → Consisting of many cells.