5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a The green pigment in chloroplasts.
- b An energy-rich organic compound made of the elements carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen.
- c The diffusion of water molecules through a selectively permeable membrane.
- d Made of a single cell.
- e A nucleic acid that plays an important role in the production of proteins.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A cell structure that forms passageways through which proteins and other materials are carried through the cell. Specific proteins are created here.
- a prominent organelle inside the nucleus.
- A group of similar cells that perform the same function.
- Any substance that cannot be broken down into simpler substances.
- A rigid layer of non-living material that surrounds the cell of plants and some other organisms, providing structure.
5 True/False Questions
amino acid → Very large organic molecule made of carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, and phosphorus, that contains, the instructions cells need to carry out all the functions of life.
organ systems → A group of organs that work together to perform a major function in the body.
passive transport → The movement of materials through a cell membrane without using the cell's energy.
eukaryote → Unicellular organisms that do not have membrane bound organelles.
compound → Two or more elements that are chemically combined.