5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- manor system
- Silk Road
- a a widespread outbreak of an infectious disease
- b an armed, mounted soldier of the feudal period who gives military service to a lord
- c a community in which monks lead lives devoted to religion.
- d an ancient trade route between China and the Mediterranean Sea extending about 4000 miles
- e A way of organizing agricultural labor; had 4 parts:manor house & village, farmland, meadowland & wasteland
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- French duke who in 1066 defeated Harold, the Anglo-Saxon king at the Battle of Hastings to become the first Norman king of England
- Carolingian monarch of Franks; responsible for defeating Muslims in battle of Tours in 732; ended Muslim threat to western Europe.
- a political and social system that developed during the Middle Ages; nobles offered protection and land in return for service
- French peasant girl, she rallied the French troops during the Hundred Years' War. Was later burned at the stake.
- a large or important Christian church
5 True/False Questions
guild → A medieval organization of crafts workers or trades people.
Bubonic Plague → German monk and leader of the Protestant Reformation
King John → an armed, mounted soldier of the feudal period who gives military service to a lord
chivalry → the medieval knight's code of behavior, including bravery, loyalty, and respect for women
Wat Tyler → One of the leaders of the English Peasants' Revolt in 1381.