5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- manor system
- Battle of Hastings
- Doomsday Book
- a in the middle ages, a noble who usually was given a fief by his lord in exchange for loyalty
- b A way of organizing agricultural labor; had 4 parts:manor house & village, farmland, meadowland & wasteland
- c the census carried out by William the Conqueror when he became king of England for purposes of taxation
- d in 1066 the Normans invaded England led by William the Conqueror; took control from the Anglo-Saxons
- e an armed, mounted soldier of the feudal period who gives military service to a lord
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a community in which monks lead lives devoted to religion.
- a widespread outbreak of an infectious disease
- The document that English nobles forced King John to approve in 1215, limiting the king's power and protecting the rights of the people.
- a member of the lowest feudal class, bound to the land and whoever owned the land
- Italian (Venetian) traveler who explored China via the Silk Road in the 13th century and served Kublai Khan
5 True/False Questions
nun → a man who has taken a solemn vow to devote his life to prayer and service in a monastery
Bubonic Plague → The document that English nobles forced King John to approve in 1215, limiting the king's power and protecting the rights of the people.
Battle of Tours → 732 AD Christians defeat Muslim invaders and stop the spread of Islam into Europe
Martin Luther → One of the leaders of the English Peasants' Revolt in 1381.
convent → a religious community in which women, or nuns live and pray