5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Peripheral Model
- Density Gradient
- Micropolitan Statistical Areas
- a The density change in an urban area.
- b Model that says an urban area consists of an inner city surrounded by large suburban residential and business areas tied together by a beltway or ring road.
- c The process by which middle-class people move into deteriorated inner-city neighborhoods and renovate the housing.
- d The process by which the population of cities grows.
- e Smaller urban areas with a population between 10,000 and 50,000.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Ordinances developed in Europe and North America in the early decades of the twentieth century that encouraged spatial separation and prevented the mixing of land uses within the same district.
- Act engaged by some banks in which they draw lines on a map to identify areas in which they will refuse to loan money.
- Program in which cities identify blighted inner-city neighborhoods, acquire the properties from private owners, relocate the residents and businesses, clear the site, and build new roads and utilities.
- The process of subdividing houses and occupancy by successive waves of lower income people.
- An area within a city in an LDC where people illegally establish residences on land they do not own or rent and erect homemade structures.
5 True/False Questions
Sprawl → The progressive spread of development over the landscape.
Annexation → The process by which the population of cities grows.
Urbanized Area → In the United States, this is the central city and the surrounding built-up suburbs.
Multiple Nuclei Model → Model that says an urban area consists of an inner city surrounded by large suburban residential and business areas tied together by a beltway or ring road.
Greenbelts → Rings of open space designated by officials to attack sprawl.