5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 48) What branch of government was given the power to create inferior or lower courts?
- 44) original jurisdiction
- 60) What groups have the power to propose amendments?
- 52) To prevent unjust accusations, what is necessary to convict a person of treason?
- 30) bankruptcy
- a 60) Congress or the states
- b 44) the court has first opportunity to hear the case
- c 30) the way a debtor is declared unable to pay his creditors
- d 52) An open confession or the testimony of two witnesses who both saw the same treasonous act.
- e 48) Congress has the power to create lower courts.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 18) a legislative system made up of two bodies or houses
- 24) Pocket veto can be used if Congress is dismissing within ten days of the legislation being signed
- 55) a tax required to be paid before one can vote
- 46) Judicial branch interprets the law and judges violations of the law.
- 13) leader who serves as leader of the Senate when the vice president is away
5 True/False Questions
33) patents → 14) to reject (President can veto legislation)
66) How does the adoption of the Constitution assure that state officers will support it? → 66) All state officers and federal officers are bound by oath to support the Constitution
64) What is considered the supreme law of the land? → 64) The Constitution
80) What does the Eighteenth Amendment prohibit? When and by what amendment was it repealed? → 69) Bill of Rights
49) How long is the term of a federal judge? → 27) the right not to be held without being charged.