tool for organizing information for a speech or paper
1. make sure subtopics are under correct main topic.
2. make sure details are under correct subtopics.
3. must be written neatly.
4. do NOT use complete sentences.
1. main topic use Roman numerals, I, II, III, IV, V
2. subtopics use capital letters, A, B, C, D, E
3. details use numbers, 1, 2, 3, 4
1. main topic not indented, I, II, III, IV
2. subtopics indented once
3. details indented twice.
only first word of all main topics, subtopics and details are capped. all other words written in lower case, unless proper noun.
2. all labels (Roman numerals, capital letters, and numbers) have period after them.
3. no periods are used at the end of main ideas, subtopics and details.