5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- pork tapeworm
- Variola major
- d. all of the above
- a Smallpox
- b The symptoms of mucocutaneous Leishmaniasis can be treated so there is no permanent scarring and no consequent social stigma. T/F
- c Inadvertently consuming the cysts of Taenia solium can result in a condition known as __________________.
- d The depopulation of the new world by smallpox contributed to the development of the transatlantic slave trade. T/F
- e Why is DDT now being used again to control malaria in several African countries?
a. it is environmentally benign when used in IRS
b. There are no cost effective alternatives
c. its adverse health effects are equivocal or very small
d. all of the above
e. none of the above
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Treponema pertenue
- The single most important factor contributing to tropical diseases of humans is ___________.
- Yaws is easily treated by which of the following?
a. Vitamin C supplements.
b. Penicillin injections.
c. Draining swampy areas.
d. b & c above
- South Africa is surrounded by the nations of:
a. Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Swaziland.
b. Namibia, Lesotho, 'Zimbabwe, Swaziland
c. Rhodesia, Zimbabwe, Botswana
d. Egypt, Madagascar, Brazil, and India
e. Bophutatswana, Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe
- While on a tropical vacation in Central America, if a Dermatobia hominis lands on you, you should kill it because it could lay an egg on you resulting in an unintended souvenir - a case of myaiasis. T/F
5 True/False Questions
c. They were able to forge iron and steel → Why did the Black Bantu-speaking peoples of Africa become so widespread, and not the other peoples?
a. They had domesticated wild African game animals
b. Regional climate change
c. They were able to forge iron and steel
d. Military alliance with European powers
a. crowd diseases → ___________ is a chronic irritation that prevents an organism from reaching its maximum genetic potential.
f. c and d only → Through smallpox and European genocide, this island's indigenous people became extinct before the 16th century.
False → The new world screwworm can be found throughout Central and South America. T/F
Cattle plague → __________ are people who began to migrate out of W. Central Africa about 3000 BCE southward and eastward to subsume almost all other African peoples.