5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a. crowd diseases
- Plasmodium falciparum
- pork tapeworm
- Trypanosoma brucei
- a Tse tse fly
- b Inadvertently consuming the cysts of Taenia solium can result in a condition known as __________________.
- c Pathogens that spread quickly & efficiently, cause acute rather than chronic illnesses, induce immunity and require a pop of sufficient density are characteristics of what kind of diseases?
a. crowd diseases
b. non-crowd diseases
c. chronic diseases
d. acute diseases
e. all bacterial diseases
f. epizootic diseases
- d Treponema pertenue
- e Anopheles
5 Multiple choice questions
- The primary reason Brazil was unable to cultivate rubber was because of a plant pathogen. T/F
- Chaga's disease
- South Africa is surrounded by the nations of:
a. Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Swaziland.
b. Namibia, Lesotho, 'Zimbabwe, Swaziland
c. Rhodesia, Zimbabwe, Botswana
d. Egypt, Madagascar, Brazil, and India
e. Bophutatswana, Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe
- __________ are people who began to migrate out of W. Central Africa about 3000 BCE southward and eastward to subsume almost all other African peoples.
5 True/False questions
False → The new world screwworm can be found throughout Central and South America. T/F
False → Locusts are a kind of cicada that periodically form swarms that damage crops over a wide area. T/F
Pneumonia → Kala-azar
Trypanosoma brucei → Sleeping sickness
d. 50,000,000 → A consensus estimate of the number of Amerindians in the New World at the time of first contact with Europeans is approximately