5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The mosquito/Anopheles
- a. crowd diseases
- The Bantu
- a. drug treatment
- a Pathogens that spread quickly & efficiently, cause acute rather than chronic illnesses, induce immunity and require a pop of sufficient density are characteristics of what kind of diseases?
a. crowd diseases
b. non-crowd diseases
c. chronic diseases
d. acute diseases
e. all bacterial diseases
f. epizootic diseases
- b _____ is the most dangerous animal (non-human) on the planet.
- c __________ are people who began to migrate out of W. Central Africa about 3000 BCE southward and eastward to subsume almost all other African peoples.
- d The fungus that causes leaf rust of coffee produces this type of infectious spore _____________.
- e The World Health Organization's strategy to eliminate lymphatic filariasis involves
a. Drug treatment
b. Eradicating copepods (Cyclops)
c. Sand fly control
d. Mosquito control
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The Brazilian yellow fever epidemic of the mid-19th century affected mostly
a. native-born whites
b. native-born blacks
c. white immigrants
d. salt water slaves
- Through smallpox and European genocide, this island's indigenous people became extinct before the 16th century.
- High malaria mortality rates in developing African countries help to curb population growth. T/F
- Which of the following persons died of malaria?
a. King Diata II, sultan of Mali
b. J. Gordon Edwards
c. King Tutankhamen
d. Juan Guiteras
e. Bob Marley
- The 2nd Anglo-Boer war from 1899-1902 was also known as the South African war, and was fought between the British and the Indian settlers of South Africa. T/F
5 True/False Questions
True → DDT is the most cost-effective and environmentally benign tool in malaria control. T/F
The Principle of Effectivity → Yaws is easily treated by which of the following?
a. Vitamin C supplements.
b. Penicillin injections.
c. Draining swampy areas.
d. b & c above
True → Porotic hyperostosis is the skeletal manifestation in adulthood of childhood anemia. T/F
Tamil → Yaws is a debilitating disease caused by a deficiency of vitamin C. T/F
d. Extreme weight loss → Which of the following is NOT a symptom of scurvy.
a. Corkscrew hairs.
b. Bleeding gums.
c. Pasty tongue.
d. Extreme weight loss
e. Iron-deficiency anemia.