5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Airborne Precautions
- When handwashing should be performed
- Routine handwashing steps 9-12
- Cilia, coughing and sneezing, tears, hydrochloric acid, mucous membranes, fever, white blood cells
- a The seven defense mechanisms of the human body are...
- b Coming to work, Taking a break or leaving work, Between patients, Before and after putting on and taking off gloves, after touching your face, after touching anything contaminated, before touching anything clean
- c Scrub between fingers, scrub each individual finger and under nails, scrub hands for two minutes, rinse each hand
- d Before Care: Private room with closed door and monitoring, wash hands, wear respiratory protection. During care: Limit transport of patient, patient wears mask, limit use of noncritical care equipment to single patient use
- e Rod shaped bacteria are called _______
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- caused by a bacteria produced toxin
- Use scrub, scrub palms in a circular motion, scrub wrists 1-2 inches above the hands, scrub back of hands
- Standard precautions include:(7 items)
- Drug resistant organisms
- 2nd chain of infection. A place to live and grow. Can include the human body, food, animals, insects, or contaminated water
5 True/False Questions
Pathogen, patient → Isolation is for the __________ not the ___________.
Hepatitis B → caused by a virus that causes inflammation of the brain and spinal cord
Protozoa → One celled plants. Can be pathogenic or nonpathogenic.
Failure to report an incident → Isolation is for the __________ not the ___________.
Annually → caused by bacteria inhaled from contaminated soil or handling the wool of infected animals