5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Frequency distribution
- Measures of Central Tendency
- Descriptive statistics
- a One of two type of statistics. It consists of methods for organizing and summarizing information that has been collected. The purpose is simply to provide an overview of the information and describe its important characteristics.
- b One of measures of variability. The highest number - lowest number +1
- c A kind of tabular display. It is the display of list of categories (titled "Class interval i ") and its frequency "f". (e.g. category = cough, frequency = 3 as three people with cough.)
- d mode, median, and mean.
- e The value which is the middle of the ordered value. e.g. ) 14728 = 12478. the __ is 4.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- One of measure of variability. It is the most commonly used with measure of central tendency. It locates the "centre of gravity" of the distribution. It is the arithmetic average of all values in a set of data. If the distribution has extreme values at one end of the distribution, the ___ is pulled in the direction of the extreme values. In such cases, the ___ gives a misleading indication of the average score of the data set.
- Two or more values occur with equal high frequency in a frequency distribution.
- The range of values that are found between the 25th percentile (first quartile) and the 75th percentile (third quartile). This is a part of assessment when quartiles are used as measure of variability.
- One of measures of variability. The most widely used. Like the mean, it takes into account all the values in the data set. It express the variation in a data set by indicating how far, on average, the data values are from the mean. It is large when the value is far from the mean, small when the value is close. The mean is used as the measure of central tendency.
- It is cumulative percentage result used with relative frequency in frequency distribution.
5 True/False Questions
Variability → How the values scatters
Measures of location → It indicates where individual values are found in a data set
Inferential statistics → One of two type of statistics. It consists of methods for organizing and summarizing information that has been collected. The purpose is simply to provide an overview of the information and describe its important characteristics.
Quantitative variable → It is one of levels in Quantitative variables.
It has all the properties of the interval scale plus an absolute zero point determined by nature.
Because the zero point is not arbitrary, it is possible to multiply and divide across a ratio scale.
Relative frequency → It expresses the frequency of a category as a proportion of the whole (in %). It is used in frequency distribution often.