← Waves Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Equilibrium point
- Electromagnetic waves
- Doppler effect
change in the apparent frequency of a wave as observer and source move toward or away from each other
- b The number of cycles/vibrations/oscillations per second. Units are the Hertz (Hz) which stands for cycles/sec. The inverse of period.
Travel at the speed of light. Do not require a medium. The denser the medium, the slower it travels.
- d The resting position of an oscillator where it would eventually come to rest.
When a wave bounces of a boundary and travels in a new direction.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- corresponds to frequency in sound
- Sensed as heat.
- The distance from crest to crest or trough to trough or any point on a wave to the next point where it repeats the motion.
- When two waves interact and result in decreased amplitude.
- A region of high pressure of the medium in a longitudinal wave.
5 True/False Questions
Amplitude → The matter that transmits the energy of the wave. Does not travel with the wave's energy.
node → the place in a standing wave where there is no displacement
Reverberation → A reflection of a sound wave
anti-node → the place in a standing wave where there is no displacement
Standing wave → longest wavelength and lowest frequency light wave.