← Waves Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Destructive interference
- Transverse wave
A wave whose medium oscillates at right angles to the direction of the waves' energy.
- b The matter that transmits the energy of the wave. Does not travel with the wave's energy.
- c When two waves interact and result in decreased amplitude.
- d When a wave encounters a boundary and as a result, loses some or all of its energy.
- e corresponds to frequency in sound
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Are absorbed by bones.
- the place in a standing wave where there is maximum displacement
The highest point of a wave.
The interaction between 2 or more waves.
- A stationary wave pattern formed in a medium when two sets of identical waves pass through the medium in opposite directions.
5 True/False Questions
Simple Harmonic Motion →
Motion that repeats.
Amplitude → The distance from equilibrium point to the highest or lowest point of a wave. In mechanical waves it is proportional to the energy of the wave.
Longitudinal wave → A wave whose medium oscillates parallel to the direction of the waves' energy.
Diffraction → The bending of a wave due to a change in the medium's properties.
Compression → A region of high pressure of the medium in a longitudinal wave.