5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Jeffrey Dahmer
- 3 reasons why psychological autopsies are done
- guilty but mentally ill
- insanity defense reform act
- a -must show that mental illness is severe
-volitional prong was eliminated, cognitive prong was not
- b concentrates on professional skills and cliical services
not research oriented
- c put body in acid and tried to cover up indicating he knew it was wrong
- d - workers compensation
-deceased individual mental capacity to modify a will
- homicide or suicide
- e found guilty not insane but has mental illness. can be mood disorder. jurors have problem decifering between insane and mentally ill
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- pple suffering froma severe mental disorder such as schizophrenia.
- John Hinckley case. (shot ronald reagan)
- has to be qualified by judge. usually experts or professionals
- appreciating wrongfulness of the act.
5 True/False Questions
critics of durham test → -vague
-science over judge and jury.
parental fitness → evaluate for child custody
-abandoned child, physically or mentally unfit, have not remidied initial problem
irresistible impulse rule. (volitional prong) → crimes of passion. can determine between right and wrong but is beyond control.
Andrea Yates → called and turned self in but had post partum depression
Durham test (product rule) → found guilty not insane but has mental illness. can be mood disorder. jurors have problem decifering between insane and mentally ill