5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- George Patton
- Island Hopping
- The Atlantic Charter
- Mein Kampf
- a A declaration of the right to freedom of trade
- b strategy of Allies in WWII of capturing some Japanese-held islands and going around others
- c American General who led the Third Army to liberate Paris
- d Stressed nationalism and placed the interests of the state above those of the individuals.
- e Book written by Adolf Hitler outlining his ideas about Nazism that became the plan of action for the Nazi Party.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Complete control over citizens, individuals have no rights, government suppresses all opposition.
- Satisfying the demands of dissatisfied powers in an effort to maintain peace and stability.
- Last island to be taken in the Island Hopping before the invasion of Japan.
- code name for the secret United States project set up in 1942 to develop atomic bombs for use in World War II
- American General who began in North Africa and became the Commander of Allied forces in Europe.
5 True/False questions
Axis Powers → United States, Great Britain and the Soviet Union (Big 3)
Operation Overlord → United States military base on Hawaii that was bombed by Japan, bringing the United States into World War II. Pearl Harbor was attacked on December 7, 1941.
Bennito Mussolini → totalitarian dictator of Italy
Lend Lease Act → Approve by Congress in March 1941; The act allowed America to sell, lend or lease arms or other supplies to nations considered "vital to the defense of the United States."
Nationalism → loyalty to one's country above all else.