5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Atlantic Charter
- Lend Lease Act
- Island Hopping
- a The doctrines of nationalism, racial purity, anti-Communism, and the all-powerful role of the State. The National Socialist German Workers Party, otherwise known as the Nazi Party. Nazism was advocated by Adolf Hitler in Germany.
- b Approve by Congress in March 1941; The act allowed America to sell, lend or lease arms or other supplies to nations considered "vital to the defense of the United States."
- c a limited portion or allowance of food or goods; limitation of use
- d A declaration of the right to freedom of trade
- e strategy of Allies in WWII of capturing some Japanese-held islands and going around others
5 Multiple choice questions
- Last island to be taken in the Island Hopping before the invasion of Japan.
- Japanese city in which the second atomic bomb was dropped (August 9, 1945).
- Victory in Europe Day - May 8, 1945
- totalitarian dictator of Germany, head of the Nazi Party. Fascist leader.
- a fighter plane used for suicide missions by Japanese pilots in World War II
5 True/False questions
Omar Bradley → United States general who unleashed a massive air and land bombardment in the Allied victory in World War II (1893-1981)
Axis Powers → United States, Great Britain and the Soviet Union (Big 3)
Winston Churchill → Britain's new prime minister during WWII who pleaded for US aid and who viewed the signing of the Munich Agreement as appeasement.
Third Reich → City in Japan, the first to be destroyed by an atomic bomb, on August 6, 1945. The bombing hastened the end of World War II.
Pearl Harbor → American General who led the Third Army to liberate Paris