5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Omar Bradley
- Battle of Midway
- Battle for Okinawa
- Adolf Hitler
- a U.S. naval victory over the Japanese fleet in June 1942, in which the Japanese lost four of their best aircraft carriers. The U.S. avenged Pearl Harbor
- b The doctrines of nationalism, racial purity, anti-Communism, and the all-powerful role of the State. The National Socialist German Workers Party, otherwise known as the Nazi Party. Nazism was advocated by Adolf Hitler in Germany.
- c United States general who unleashed a massive air and land bombardment in the Allied victory in World War II (1893-1981)
- d totalitarian dictator of Germany, head of the Nazi Party. Fascist leader.
- e Last island to be taken in the Island Hopping before the invasion of Japan.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- American General who led the Third Army to liberate Paris
- The Third German Empire, established by Adolf Hitler in 1933.
- Britain's new prime minister during WWII who pleaded for US aid and who viewed the signing of the Munich Agreement as appeasement.
- Agreement between Germany and Russia not to fight each other. Led to the invasion of Poland.
- WAAC: May 15, 1942 women volunteers could serve in noncombatant positions; nurses, ambulance drivers, radio operators, electricians
5 True/False Questions
Blitzkrieg → a limited portion or allowance of food or goods; limitation of use
The Atlantic Charter → A declaration of the right to freedom of trade
Allies → Stressed nationalism and placed the interests of the state above those of the individuals.
Iwo Jima → a bloody and prolonged operation on the island of Iwo Jima in which American marines landed and defeated Japanese defenders
War Production Board → loyalty to one's country above all else.