5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Omar Bradley
- Battle of Midway
- Island Hopping
- Doolittle's Raid
- a United States, Great Britain and the Soviet Union (Big 3)
- b strategy of Allies in WWII of capturing some Japanese-held islands and going around others
- c U.S. naval victory over the Japanese fleet in June 1942, in which the Japanese lost four of their best aircraft carriers. The U.S. avenged Pearl Harbor
- d bombing of Tokyo and other Japanese cities; following the attack on Pearl. Raised American morale
- e United States general who unleashed a massive air and land bombardment in the Allied victory in World War II (1893-1981)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Last island to be taken in the Island Hopping before the invasion of Japan.
- name of the plane that dropped the first atomic bomb
- totalitarian dictator of Italy
- totalitarian dictator of the Soviet Union
- a 1942-1943 battle of World War II, in which German forces were defeated in their attempt to capture the city of Stalingrad in the Soviet Union thanks to harsh winter -turning point of war in Eastern Europe
5 True/False questions
Selective Training and service Act → Approve by Congress in March 1941; The act allowed America to sell, lend or lease arms or other supplies to nations considered "vital to the defense of the United States."
Battle of the Bulge → December, 1944-January, 1945 - After recapturing France, the Allied advance became stalled along the German border. In the winter of 1944, Germany staged a massive counterattack in Belgium and Luxembourg which pushed a 30 mile "bulge" into the Allied lines. The Allies stopped the German advance and threw them back across the Rhine with heavy losses.
Third Reich → City in Japan, the first to be destroyed by an atomic bomb, on August 6, 1945. The bombing hastened the end of World War II.
Lend Lease Act → Approve by Congress in March 1941; The act allowed America to sell, lend or lease arms or other supplies to nations considered "vital to the defense of the United States."
Kamikaze → a fighter plane used for suicide missions by Japanese pilots in World War II