5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Satir and Whitaker
- a the natural tendency to move towards disorder and disorganization
- b communications and family sculpting. faulty communication is caused by low self esteem.
- c Extended family systems that are current and intergenerational. Genograms and ecomaps
- d family has an identity of its own and is more than the sum of its parts
- e analysis of variance. F test. compares the means of 2 groups. Parametic test.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Documenting Client Progress: Subjective, Objective, Assessment, Plan
- when people know they are being watched they act differently than they normally would. They may do things they wouldn't normally do.
- deriving general principles from particular facts or instances ("Every cat I have ever seen has four legs; cats are four-legged animals").
- pushes family into the changes and away from homeostatic state. Allows for a more functional family balance to emerge.
- Greater than 4 weeks but less than 12 months
5 True/False questions
Father of family therapy → It is impossible not to communicate. Palo Alto group. Uses behavioral model where the behavior is communication.
coprolalia → automatic repetition of movements
t test → compares means of two groups. Parametric test.
Conventinal → Children; (1) Obediance and Punishment Orientation; (2) Self-interest orientation
Haley → Strategic family therapy. therapist joins the faily and forces them to respond differently to situations. Utilizes communication theory, systems theory, and behaviroism.