5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Grimm, Jacob and Wilhem
- circular shape
- a Characters are the people or beings in a literary work. Characterization consists of the elements that communicate who or what the characters are. Descriptions, actions, comments from other characters can all contribute to characterization.
- b explicit or dictionary meaning of a word
- c "Hansel and Gretel"
- d communicates harmony, security, contentment
- e implied comparison
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A long narrative poem, often with repeated refrains or choruses.
- "The Chinese Red Riding Hoods"
- large or small space around picture. feelings of etrapment, isolation, freedom, abandonment, is it white or decorated
- humorous or comical verse that plays with absurd images and ideas. Often, however, the stories of nonsense poems are very logical; the language presents the absurdity. ("Jabberwocky" by Lewis Carroll)
- giving human traits to non-human beings or objects
5 True/False Questions
Delarue, Paul → describes something, an object, scene, or feeling. The poem will have a song-like quality. (Walter de la Mare, "Silver")
Lyric poem → tells a story.
double-page spread → may signal or support and important change in story
Setting → realistic, cartoon-like, are details exaggerated or eliminated, patterns, nature
style → words that sound the same