5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Pratchett, Terry
- warm colors (red and yellow)
- character direction
- rectangle and squares, linear shapes
- a facing right- going into adventure or into unknown
facing or moving left- safety or known. a block of some sort to journey
- b communicate problems or encounters with discipline or unforgiving, difficult circumstances
- c repetition of a vowel
- d The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents.
- e communicate activity and action
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- at top of page- dominant, powerful, happy
at bottom- dominated, powerless, sad
middle- center of attention? (alone, or isoated? surrounded by friends and happy?)
- is "any departure from consensus reality"
transforms the psychological and the metaphysical into the physical, the abstract, into concrete
- "Little Red Cap"
- explicit comparison using "like" or "as."
- magical elements in a realistic setting
magical is not intended to frighten and is presented as a natural part of the world we know
sometimes used by authors of a distinct culture or ethnic group
a form that often makes some sort of political commentary--not necessarily to do with government
5 True/False Questions
theme → words that sound the same
Carrol, Lewis → Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (1865).
elements of day to day experiences → facial expressions, body, language and position, spatial relationships between characters, characters and their setting, settings
Connotation → explicit or dictionary meaning of a word
cool colors (blues or grays) → communicate activity and action