← English 3385 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Lobel, Arnold
- a Frog and Toad Together (1972).
- b explicit or dictionary meaning of a word
- c pictures pick a particular moment in verbal text and adds to them
- d Descriptions, comments, occurrences in a literary work that prepare the reader for occurrences later in the work. The warning at the start of a story often foreshadows events that occur later.
- e explicit comparison using "like" or "as."
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- communicate calmness
- communicate problems or encounters with discipline or unforgiving, difficult circumstances
- Symbols are like metaphors, but more limited, usually being one thing directly representing some specific idea. The woods are a symbol of change, danger, or opportunity. A rose is a symbol of love.
- When Sophie Gets Angry, Really Really Angry .
- usually short books with words and pictures that work together to create a story
5 True/False Questions
Delarue, Paul → "The story of Grandmother"
realism → the accurate depiction in any literary work of the everyday life of a place or time
elements of day to day experiences → facial expressions, body, language and position, spatial relationships between characters, characters and their setting, settings
Personification → giving human traits to non-human beings or objects
Assonance → Location and time in which the action of a literary work takes place.