A distinctive atmosphere or feeling that seems to surround someone or something; a distinctive appearance or impression.
Lacking freshness; trite.
To confuse or bewilder.
Fully aware; taking notice.
1. A riddle whose answer is a play on words.
2. A puzzle or problem that is difficult or impossible to solve.
Short-lived; staying temporarily.
A helper or assistant with a wide range of duties and responsibilities.
1. Impressive because of large size or scope.
2. Characterized by the pretense of grandeur or absurd exaggeration.
1. To influence or persuade.
2. To bring about; to cause.
Refusing to compromise or change one's position on an issue.
Full of praise.
Dash or flamboyance in style or action.
Petty or insignificant; concerned with trifling matters.
An inclination; preference.
A high point of land that juts out into water.
A group of things gathered into a whole; sum total.
1. To set aside for a specific purpose; to allot.
2. To distribute according to a plan.
1. To predict future events, especially from omens.
2. To give promise of.
1. A fortified area or position; a person, place, or thing that is a source of strength.
2. Something that is considered a stronghold.
Suitable, proper behavior or speech.
No longer existing or functioning.
A lack of order; confusion.
Calm, peaceful, and happy; prosperous.
A lecture, usually long, on how to behave morally.
To plead for persistently.
Legal authority to govern or control.
To think over again and again; to ponder.
Reckless boldness without regard to danger or opposition.
To separate and remove what is undesirable and leave what is desirable; to blow away the chaff from grain.
Relating to sound or hearing.
1. A collection or gathering of people or things.
2. A fitting together of parts.
Inspiring great respect or admiration; noble.
Protection, support, or guidance; patronage.
To criticize unimportant things; to quibble.
A person in charge of an exhibition; an overseer of a museum or library collection.
Still existing; not lost or destroyed.
The entire range of something.
Incapable of being expressed in words.
Sweetly flowing; pleasant to the ear.
A person's manner, appearance, or expression; bearing.
A person or thing without an equal.
1. A green film that forms on copper exposed to the elements.
2. A beautiful surface finish, the result of age and proper care.
1. Fully absorbed; engrossed.
2. Filled with deep pleasure; enraptured.
To revive from unconsciousness or apparent death; to revive or restore to health or vigor.
Responsive; willing to be controlled or to take advice.
To attribute to a source or a cause.
A special quality in a person that inspires devotion or fascination in others.
Scarcity; a shortage.
To destroy the morals or morale of someone; to weaken the spirit or courage of someone.
Bubbling with enthusiasm or high spirits.
An individual who manages and takes the risk of a business.
Foolish; silly; stupid.
A person or thing that is a symbol of what is to come.
Of a similar kind or nature; uniform throughout.
One who occupies an office or position.
1. Currently in office.
2. Resting upon as a duty or obligation.
A society that is headed by a female.
A beginner; a novice.
A special right limited to a person, group, or office; a privilege.
One of two or more people who have the same parents; brother or sister.
To approach and speak to in an aggressive or challenging way.
Greed for wealth.
To cheat out of what is due.
Extremely skilled; complete or perfect.
Having knowledge or experience; well-informed.
Willing to believe things with only slight or no evidence; easily convinced.
A feeling of great happiness or well-being.
1. Happening by lucky chance; accidental.
2. Lucky or fortunate.
Based on something that is not actual but assumed or supposed.
Not connected; confused; rambling.
Very small in size or importance.
An agreeable, casual remark.
To put off until later.
A feeling of uneasiness as to whether what one is doing is right or wise; a misgiving.
A mark of shame or disgrace.