5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Pertaining to the meninges.
- b Involuntary movement of a small group of muscles, as of the face.
- c Diminished sensitivity to pain.
- d X-ray record (with contrast) of the spinal cord.
- e Inflammation of the brain.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Pertaining to the vagus nerve.
- Any disease of the brain.
- Destruction of myelin on axons of nerves (as in multiple sclerosis).
- Carries messages away from the brain the spinal cord; motor nerve.
- Bursting of an artery in the brain.
5 True/False Questions
Tourette syndrome → Extends from the base of the spine down the thigh, lower leg, and foot. Sciatica is pain along the course of the nerve.
Epidural hematoma → Collection of blood in the space below the dura mater surrounding the brain.
Cerebrovascular accident → Disruption of the normal blood supply to the brain; stroke.
Myasthenia gravis → Autoimmune neuromuscular disorder characterized by weakness of voluntary muscles.
Pia mater → Thin, delicate, innermost membrane of the meninges.