5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- If the distance between the objects increases
- If the switch is ___________, the circuit can no longer flow.
- Ohms Law - currents are directly proportional to the potential difference and inversely proportional to the resistance.
- What is an electric field?
- The RATE at which chemical work is done?
- a open
- b the space around a charged particle
- c then the electric force between the objects will decrease (INVERSE relationship)
- d Potential difference (V) = current (A) x resistance ( Ω)
V = I R
- e Power (W) = current (A) x voltage (V)
P = IV
you must label:
the watts with a P
the amps with an I
and the volts with a V
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- by transferring electrons
- the electric force between the objects will be greater - that is DIRECT relationship
- the force (how strong) of attraction or repulsion between objects due to charge
- the ability to move an electric charge from one point to another
5 True/False Questions
What is "charging by friction"? → when an object with a charge touches an object with no charge, some electrons move from the charged to the uncharged object. The uncharged object gains electrons.
What is resistance? → the OPPOSITION to the flow of current
What is a battery? → A device that is a source of electric current b/c of a pd (voltage) between terminals.
What is a conductor? → a material in which electrical charges can move freely and can carry an electric current
In which type of circuit is there only ONE path for the current to follow? →
In a parallel circuit.