5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Philip Little
- Colonial Building
- Michael Fleming
- Crown Colony
- a The place where Newfoundland's elected representatives met in the 1800's.
- b Newfoundland's first premier.
- c The system of government granted to Newfoundland in 1824 which included a civil governor and a council.
- d This person was the motivating force behind the construction of the Basilica.
- e During Christmas the Inuit of Labrador were often visited by this "spirit", dressed in seal and caribou skins.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A term used to describe sealing on the ice fields of northeastern Newfoundland and Labrador.
- This term means you do not have the right to vote.
- The people who come into a country from somewhere else.
- When people leave their country of origin they are said to __________ from that country.
- Movement from one place to another within a country or region.
5 True/False Questions
Battle of Foxtrap → Communication system which used Morse code to transmit communications by wire. It was the fastest way of sending messages over long distances.
Naval Governor → The reasons why people choose to move to a particular destination.
Subsistence Economy → Using money to buy what is needed.
Tilts → 112 pounds of fish.
Pull Factor → The reasons why people choose to move to a particular destination.