← Science Words Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Cell theory
- Cell Membrane
- a the process by which the body breaks toxic chemicals down into nontoxic byproducts
- b the semi-permeable membrane that encloses the contents of a cell
- c a basic unit of structure and function in all organisms.
- d the green pigment in the leaves and stems of plants that is necessary for the production of plant food by photosynthesis
- e states that all organisms are made up of one or more cells, the cell is the basic unit of life, and all cells come from other cells
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- small structure on which cells make their own proteins
- is the nucleic acid responsible for carrying the genetic information of most organisms from one generation to the next.
- composed of more than one cell
- an animal-like protist
- structure in the cytoplasm of a eukaryotic cell that can act as a storage site, process energy, move materials, or manufacture substances
5 True/False Questions
Antibiotic → a group of medicines used to kill or slow the growth of bacteria that cause disease.
Biotechnology → structure in the cytoplasm of a eukaryotic cell that can act as a storage site, process energy, move materials, or manufacture substances
Bacteria → an animal-like protist
Cytoplasm → a small oval green bit of protoplasm that contains chlorophyll and is the location of photosynthesis.
ER → organelle in the cytoplasm that moves materials around in a cell and is made up of a complex series of folded membranes; can be rough or smooth