Proton: +1 Charge, 1 mass in AMU, location: nucleus
Neutron: 0 charge, 1 mass in AMU, location nucelus
electron: -1 charge, 0 mass in AMU, location outside nucleus
atoms of one element that vary only in the number of neutrons in the nucleus.
used in medical diagnosis.
used in diagnosis and treatment of thyroid gland diseases
dont desolve in water.
1) high specific heat - a lot of heat must be absorbed for their to be a change in temperature.
2) high heat of vaporization - a great amount of heat is needed to evaporate water.
3) Water has high adhesion properties
4) Universal Solvent - because water is highly polar it dissolves all polar and ionic substances
5) strong cohesion - molecules of water stick together.
pH h+ concentration
as the concentration of H+ Increasesm the PH decreases
One gram of carbohydrate wil release _ calories when burned
glucose, galactose, and fructose.
compounds with the same molecular formula, but with different structures
glucose + glucose
glucose + galactose
glucose + fructose
1 gram of any lipid will release __ calories per gram when burined in a calorimeter
directly responsible for the shape of a protein and how it functions.
induced fit, the enzyme's shape changes.
made up of nucleotides.