5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gavarillo Princip
- Arch-Duke Franz Ferdinand
- Georges Clemenceau
- New Economic Policy
- a assassinated Franz. He was a member of the black hand and did not like the Austro-Hungarians coming into his country.He was 19 at the time. Austria-Hungary blamed Serbia for Franz's death and this kicked off WWI.
- b the heir to Austria -Hungary. His murder kicks off the war.
- c France's representative, he wanted to see Germany crushed, and wanted all of Germany to crumble due to what they had done during WWI.
- d Economy set down by Lenin. It proposed that small shops, such as smoke shops, restaurants, etc. could stay in business with private owner, but large industries and bankswould be controlled by the state...this economic policy also had a very high tax on certain individuals such as farmers.
- e a city in Meuse in north-eastern france....where the battle of Verdun took place.
5 Multiple choice questions
- where all of the country is invested in warfare...its economy, politics, citizens on the home front, food, general supplies, any company, and whatever a country can produce goes towards war.
- river in France, The battle of the Marne is a massive stalemate between France and Germany. One of the main battles that decided Germany's downfall.
- the land between trenches.
- took place at the Somme river. It was an offensive of the Brits and Franks upon the German armies. By the end of the battle in 1916 it was one of the bloodiest battles of all history due to the 1.5 mil casualties.
- was a battle tactically won by France because the French did not allow Germany to capture Verdun or inflict higher causalities up on the French, however many French died in the battle and it ended up being very costly for both sides. Over 300,000 died in this battle. Another stalemate type battle due to trenches.
5 True/False questions
Rasputin → a city in Meuse in north-eastern france....where the battle of Verdun took place.
Anastasia → in the Tsar's family. The youngest daughter of Tsar Nicholas.
Vittorio Orlando → Leads the Bolsheviks during the revolution. Very idealistic, not really very communist because he finds that the proletariat are not ready to take up power and therefore he shall lead. The problem is, he and the Bolsheviks are a lil greedy.
Kaiser Wilhelm → leader in Russia before the revolution. Very disconnected from his people. Known as Bloody Nicholas for the Khodynka Tragedy (1,000 people died after a celebration,) Bloody Sunday (workers marching to present a petition to Nicholas were gunned down...1,00 fatalities estimated,) and anti-emetic pogroms.
Schlieffen Plan → Germany's military plan at the outbreak of World War I, according to which German troops would rapidly defeat France and then move east to attack Russia.