5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Battle of Verdun
- Gavarillo Princip
- New Economic Policy
- a Economy set down by Lenin. It proposed that small shops, such as smoke shops, restaurants, etc. could stay in business with private owner, but large industries and bankswould be controlled by the state...this economic policy also had a very high tax on certain individuals such as farmers.
- b assassinated Franz. He was a member of the black hand and did not like the Austro-Hungarians coming into his country.He was 19 at the time. Austria-Hungary blamed Serbia for Franz's death and this kicked off WWI.
- c a city in Meuse in north-eastern france....where the battle of Verdun took place.
- d its significance is it is a piece of land between France and Germany that has been fought over for a very long time. it has kept switching between German and French control.
- e was a battle tactically won by France because the French did not allow Germany to capture Verdun or inflict higher causalities up on the French, however many French died in the battle and it ended up being very costly for both sides. Over 300,000 died in this battle. Another stalemate type battle due to trenches.
5 Multiple choice questions
- France, Britain, and Russia are the main central powers.
- river in France, The battle of the Marne is a massive stalemate between France and Germany. One of the main battles that decided Germany's downfall.
- A technology that was created in WWI. It suffocated those who breathed it. Very deadly and caused mass death throughout Europe. Originally used by the Germans.
- the general public in Russia
- basically the holocaust of the Armenian people in the Ottoman Empire. Approx. 1.5 mil to 2 mil Armenians were exterminated during the Genocide. Took place during the beginning of WW1.
5 True/False questions
Battle of Tannenberg → a battle on Marne river (there are two battles.) It is best known as the battle between France and Russia that was a large stalemate.
Schlieffen Plan → Germany's military plan at the outbreak of World War I, according to which German troops would rapidly defeat France and then move east to attack Russia.
Imperialism → A policy in which a strong nation seeks to dominate other countries poitically, socially, and economically.
Vladimir Lenin → Leads the Bolsheviks during the revolution. Very idealistic, not really very communist because he finds that the proletariat are not ready to take up power and therefore he shall lead. The problem is, he and the Bolsheviks are a lil greedy.
Rasputin → a city in Meuse in north-eastern france....where the battle of Verdun took place.