5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Total War
- Arch-Duke Franz Ferdinand
- Vladimir Lenin
- Alexander Kerensky
- New Economic Policy
- a Economy set down by Lenin. It proposed that small shops, such as smoke shops, restaurants, etc. could stay in business with private owner, but large industries and bankswould be controlled by the state...this economic policy also had a very high tax on certain individuals such as farmers.
- b the heir to Austria -Hungary. His murder kicks off the war.
- c was a major political power before and during the Russian Revolution. He was the second prime minister of the Russian Provisional government until Lenin was elected.
- d where all of the country is invested in warfare...its economy, politics, citizens on the home front, food, general supplies, any company, and whatever a country can produce goes towards war.
- e Leads the Bolsheviks during the revolution. Very idealistic, not really very communist because he finds that the proletariat are not ready to take up power and therefore he shall lead. The problem is, he and the Bolsheviks are a lil greedy.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a strong buildup of the military.
- the land between trenches.
- U.S president at the Peace Treaty of 1919. He created the 14 points which were designed to keep militarism in Europe to a minimum, open trade routes in Europe, keep peace in Europe (no secret alliances) and overall make it where Europe could function economically very strongly, without creating feud's.
- a disease that was common in the trenches. This is caused by wet feet (not changing socks). Was a large cause of death in WW1.
- Enlgand's representative. Publicly he wanted Germany destroyed for what they had done in the war, but privately he did not want to completely strip Germany of all of its power due to his fear of the spread of communism. He felt that Germany should still be strong enough to be able to resist the spread of communism from Russia.
5 True/False questions
Gallipoli → a brit and french offensive against the ottoman empire on the Gallipoli peninsula. The offensive was designed to capture the Ottoman capital, Constantinople, however it failed and ended up causing high casualties on both sides.
Battle of Marne → a battle on Marne river (there are two battles.) It is best known as the battle between France and Russia that was a large stalemate.
Battle of Somme → took place at the Somme river. It was an offensive of the Brits and Franks upon the German armies. By the end of the battle in 1916 it was one of the bloodiest battles of all history due to the 1.5 mil casualties.
Verdun → a city in Meuse in north-eastern france....where the battle of Verdun took place.
U-Boat → submarine