5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Schlieffen Plan
- Battle of Somme
- David Lloyd George
- a in the Tsar's family. The youngest daughter of Tsar Nicholas.
- b Enlgand's representative. Publicly he wanted Germany destroyed for what they had done in the war, but privately he did not want to completely strip Germany of all of its power due to his fear of the spread of communism. He felt that Germany should still be strong enough to be able to resist the spread of communism from Russia.
- c took place at the Somme river. It was an offensive of the Brits and Franks upon the German armies. By the end of the battle in 1916 it was one of the bloodiest battles of all history due to the 1.5 mil casualties.
- d Germany's military plan at the outbreak of World War I, according to which German troops would rapidly defeat France and then move east to attack Russia.
- e the general public in Russia
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a guy who doesn't die, is scary, and said to have mystical powers who worked under the Tsar.
- A technology that was created in WWI. It suffocated those who breathed it. Very deadly and caused mass death throughout Europe. Originally used by the Germans.
- is one of the leaders of the revolution. He is more idealistic. He finds the perfection in things and appeals more to the people due to this.
- was a battle tactically won by France because the French did not allow Germany to capture Verdun or inflict higher causalities up on the French, however many French died in the battle and it ended up being very costly for both sides. Over 300,000 died in this battle. Another stalemate type battle due to trenches.
- U.S president at the Peace Treaty of 1919. He created the 14 points which were designed to keep militarism in Europe to a minimum, open trade routes in Europe, keep peace in Europe (no secret alliances) and overall make it where Europe could function economically very strongly, without creating feud's.
5 True/False Questions
Battle of Marne → a battle on Marne river (there are two battles.) It is best known as the battle between France and Russia that was a large stalemate.
New Economic Policy → a brit and french offensive against the ottoman empire on the Gallipoli peninsula. The offensive was designed to capture the Ottoman capital, Constantinople, however it failed and ended up causing high casualties on both sides.
Battle of Tannenberg → a battle on Marne river (there are two battles.) It is best known as the battle between France and Russia that was a large stalemate.
Imperialism → A policy in which a strong nation seeks to dominate other countries poitically, socially, and economically.
U-Boat → river in France, The battle of the Marne is a massive stalemate between France and Germany. One of the main battles that decided Germany's downfall.