5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- No Man's Land
- Gavarillo Princip
- a a city in Meuse in north-eastern france....where the battle of Verdun took place.
- b a brit and french offensive against the ottoman empire on the Gallipoli peninsula. The offensive was designed to capture the Ottoman capital, Constantinople, however it failed and ended up causing high casualties on both sides.
- c the land between trenches.
- d assassinated Franz. He was a member of the black hand and did not like the Austro-Hungarians coming into his country.He was 19 at the time. Austria-Hungary blamed Serbia for Franz's death and this kicked off WWI.
- e a guy who doesn't die, is scary, and said to have mystical powers who worked under the Tsar.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- took place at the Somme river. It was an offensive of the Brits and Franks upon the German armies. By the end of the battle in 1916 it was one of the bloodiest battles of all history due to the 1.5 mil casualties.
- Enlgand's representative. Publicly he wanted Germany destroyed for what they had done in the war, but privately he did not want to completely strip Germany of all of its power due to his fear of the spread of communism. He felt that Germany should still be strong enough to be able to resist the spread of communism from Russia.
- the doctrine that your national culture and interests are superior to any other
- a strong buildup of the military.
5 True/False Questions
Treaty of Versailles → a league where the nations of Europe, their colonies, etc. meet to discuss problems between their country, and overall to keep peace in Europe.
Black Hand → usually a buildup of naval forces to block, ships, troops, supplies, etc. from moving on the sea.
Arch-Duke Franz Ferdinand → the heir to Austria -Hungary. His murder kicks off the war.
Triple Alliance → Germany, Austro-Hungary, Italy sort of, and the Ottoman Empire.
League of Nations → a league where the nations of Europe, their colonies, etc. meet to discuss problems between their country, and overall to keep peace in Europe.