← WWI Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Battle of Marne
- Georges Clemenceau
- a a battle on Marne river (there are two battles.) It is best known as the battle between France and Russia that was a large stalemate.
- b a strong buildup of the military.
- c a city in Meuse in north-eastern france....where the battle of Verdun took place.
- d France's representative, he wanted to see Germany crushed, and wanted all of Germany to crumble due to what they had done during WWI.
- e a group of "revolutionaries" that are under Lenin. They eventually become the high class of Russia.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the heir to Austria -Hungary. His murder kicks off the war.
- leader in Russia before the revolution. Very disconnected from his people. Known as Bloody Nicholas for the Khodynka Tragedy (1,000 people died after a celebration,) Bloody Sunday (workers marching to present a petition to Nicholas were gunned down...1,00 fatalities estimated,) and anti-emetic pogroms.
- a disease that was common in the trenches. This is caused by wet feet (not changing socks). Was a large cause of death in WW1.
- Leads the Bolsheviks during the revolution. Very idealistic, not really very communist because he finds that the proletariat are not ready to take up power and therefore he shall lead. The problem is, he and the Bolsheviks are a lil greedy.
5 True/False Questions
Armenian Genocide → basically the holocaust of the Armenian people in the Ottoman Empire. Approx. 1.5 mil to 2 mil Armenians were exterminated during the Genocide. Took place during the beginning of WW1.
Gavarillo Princip → assassinated Franz. He was a member of the black hand and did not like the Austro-Hungarians coming into his country.He was 19 at the time. Austria-Hungary blamed Serbia for Franz's death and this kicked off WWI.
No Man's Land → the land between trenches.
Total War → where all of the country is invested in warfare...its economy, politics, citizens on the home front, food, general supplies, any company, and whatever a country can produce goes towards war.
Mensheviks → a group of "revolutionaries" that are under Lenin. They eventually become the high class of Russia.