5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Why is Nathalia Gumpertz honored in the tenement museum?
- a the story of a person's life, told by that person.
- b the main idea behind a story, the message the author is trying to communicate to the reader
- c several words in a line with the same first letter. It is used for effect.
- d words, phrases or images are repeated in a poem or story to call a reader's attention to them
- e Nathalia was successful in making it out of the tenements.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- people who live in a location
- spreading rapidly
- If the narrator doesn't know what is happening or if he is lying.
- the difference between appearance and reality
- repetition of similar or identical sounds in the end stressed syllables of words, "mark/shark"
5 True/False Questions
dramatic irony → occurs when words suggest a meaning opposite to the one stated
simile → a concrete object that represents an idea
water = life, sun = hope, flag=country
symbol → a comparison using 'like' or 'as'; "She ran like a deer."
dynamic character → the person who is telling a stroy from his point of view.
flashback → spreading rapidly