5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- verbal irony
- dramatic irony
- Why were the Jews represented by the Star of David on the graphic about immigrant nsettlemennts instead of their country's flag?
- a a concrete object that represents an idea
water = life, sun = hope, flag=country
- b the main idea behind a story, the message the author is trying to communicate to the reader
- c occurs when the audience knows important facts that the characters don't know.
- d They had no flag because they had no country.
- e occurs when words suggest a meaning opposite to the one stated
5 Multiple choice questions
- big statue, original person
- run down rental property
- the difference between appearance and reality
- the person who is telling a stroy from his point of view.
- If the narrator doesn't know what is happening or if he is lying.
5 True/False questions
rampant → the person who is telling a stroy from his point of view.
simile → a comparison using 'like' or 'as'; "She ran like a deer."
residents → run down rental property
dynamic character → learns, grows or changes during the course of a story
Why is Nathalia Gumpertz honored in the tenement museum? → If the narrator doesn't know what is happening or if he is lying.