5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Unreliable narrator
- Why is Nathalia Gumpertz honored in the tenement museum?
- a If the narrator doesn't know what is happening or if he is lying.
- b Nathalia was successful in making it out of the tenements.
- c words, phrases or images are repeated in a poem or story to call a reader's attention to them
- d repetition of similar or identical sounds in the end stressed syllables of words, "mark/shark"
- e a concrete object that represents an idea
water = life, sun = hope, flag=country
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- spreading rapidly
- people who live in a location
- occurs when words suggest a meaning opposite to the one stated
- crowded, packed close together
- several words in a line with the same first letter. It is used for effect.
5 True/False Questions
irony → the difference between appearance and reality
tenement → run down rental property
dramatic irony → occurs when the audience knows important facts that the characters don't know.
theme → the main idea behind a story, the message the author is trying to communicate to the reader
Narrator → the person who is telling a stroy from his point of view.