5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why were the Jews represented by the Star of David on the graphic about immigrant nsettlemennts instead of their country's flag?
- a big statue, original person
- b They had no flag because they had no country.
- c the story line stops to go back to an event or scene that occurred before the opening of a story
- d several words in a line with the same first letter. It is used for effect.
- e spreading rapidly
5 Multiple choice questions
- learns, grows or changes during the course of a story
- gives human qualities to an animal or an object
- the story of a person's life, told by that person.
- words, phrases or images are repeated in a poem or story to call a reader's attention to them
- run down rental property
5 True/False questions
verbal irony → the difference between appearance and reality
irony → the difference between appearance and reality
simile → a concrete object that represents an idea
water = life, sun = hope, flag=country
residents → people who live in a location
theme → repetition of similar or identical sounds in the end stressed syllables of words, "mark/shark"