5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why is Nathalia Gumpertz honored in the tenement museum?
- Why were the Jews represented by the Star of David on the graphic about immigrant nsettlemennts instead of their country's flag?
- a the person who is telling a stroy from his point of view.
- b Nathalia was successful in making it out of the tenements.
- c They had no flag because they had no country.
- d to be kicked out
- e words, phrases or images are repeated in a poem or story to call a reader's attention to them
5 Multiple choice questions
- gives human qualities to an animal or an object
- a comparison using 'like' or 'as'; "She ran like a deer."
- run down rental property
- the difference between appearance and reality
- crowded, packed close together
5 True/False questions
verbal irony → occurs when words suggest a meaning opposite to the one stated
symbol → a concrete object that represents an idea
water = life, sun = hope, flag=country
theme → the main idea behind a story, the message the author is trying to communicate to the reader
flashback → the story line stops to go back to an event or scene that occurred before the opening of a story
alliteration → several words in a line with the same first letter. It is used for effect.