5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Why is Nathalia Gumpertz honored in the tenement museum?
- a the difference between appearance and reality
- b words, phrases or images are repeated in a poem or story to call a reader's attention to them
- c Nathalia was successful in making it out of the tenements.
- d big statue, original person
- e the main idea behind a story, the message the author is trying to communicate to the reader
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- gives human qualities to an animal or an object
- spreading rapidly
- the story of a person's life, told by that person.
- a comparison using 'like' or 'as'; "She ran like a deer."
- learns, grows or changes during the course of a story
5 True/False Questions
tenement → run down rental property
evicted → repetition of similar or identical sounds in the end stressed syllables of words, "mark/shark"
densely → run down rental property
Narrator → spreading rapidly
Why were the Jews represented by the Star of David on the graphic about immigrant nsettlemennts instead of their country's flag? → They had no flag because they had no country.