5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Why is Nathalia Gumpertz honored in the tenement museum?
- a the story of a person's life, told by that person.
- b the main idea behind a story, the message the author is trying to communicate to the reader
- c to be kicked out
- d words, phrases or images are repeated in a poem or story to call a reader's attention to them
- e Nathalia was successful in making it out of the tenements.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- several words in a line with the same first letter. It is used for effect.
- the story line stops to go back to an event or scene that occurred before the opening of a story
- gives human qualities to an animal or an object
- a comparison using 'like' or 'as'; "She ran like a deer."
- learns, grows or changes during the course of a story
5 True/False Questions
colossus → big statue, original person
irony → the difference between appearance and reality
rhyme → the main idea behind a story, the message the author is trying to communicate to the reader
densely → crowded, packed close together
verbal irony → occurs when words suggest a meaning opposite to the one stated